Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Store Manager to join our team. Sundance is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Robert Redford founded Sundance Catalog in 1989 and we have been growing ever since. Sundance is a brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on the creative process and originality. We are committed to providing world class service, while offering unique products that showcase artistic inspiration. Sundance has grown to be a unique lifestyle brand with a compelling assortment of products and over 450 employees located in several states.
We are seeking an individual to assist us as we open our newest retail store in Deer Park, IL. The Assistant Store Manager partners with the store management team in driving store sales by offering outstanding customer service, persistent attention to detail on the operational side of the business. Assist in the selection, training, motivation and development of a team capable of executing tasks, and maintaining the standards of a world-class retailer. Must effectively supervise all aspects of operations in the store, this includes sales, service, scheduling, payroll management, budgeting, receiving and housekeeping. Must be actively engaged in merchandising the store and helping execute where needed, as well as maintaining a positive energetic work environment. Consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
- Associates degree in a related field, BS or BA preferred
- Five plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail experience with management responsibilities
- Experience with a premium brand retailer
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer service is essential and you must always lead by example.
- Listens to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels in the store. You will be the customer service and sales leader of the store. You are responsible for resolving issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Achieves budget sales, payroll and inventory goals. Analyzes sales trends and develops plans and schedules to maximize profits and minimize costs.
- Executes operational tasks as directed, with a keen eye on the bottom line profitability of the store.
- Must be familiar with all operations of the store and able to pitch in where needed.
- Consistently exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customer.
- Provides ongoing sales and product training for the staff to achieve sales goals.
- In addition to assisting the Store Manager in the above tasks your key responsibility will be to focus on sales and service in the store. You along with the Store Manager are the liaison between the store, the store associates, and with the Support Office.
- Is dedicated to assisting the Store Manager in recruiting, hiring and training a talented store associate team. Active in product knowledge training of the staff and encouraging a store environment where turnover is kept to a minimum.
- Provides challenging goals and assignments to ensure all associates are trained and performing to company expectations.
- Motivates and develops associates by providing frequent developmental discussions, product training, sales and service techniques. Assists in writing and delivering store associate reviews.
Standards of Operations
- Maintains disciplines for visual standards, store cleanliness.
- Monitors inventory procedures, and sees that shrink goals are met.
- Consistently enforces all company policies and procedures. Performs opening/closing procedures and ensures bank deposits are done daily.
- Keeps open and responsive communication with District Manager as well as the Store Manager.
- Responsible for an area of the business to be determined by the Store Manager.
If you would like to be part of a great team, are ready to take on a challenge and make a difference within our company, apply today. We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts. For consideration apply through Indeed or mail your resume to: Sundance, c/o HR, 3865 W. 2400 S. Salt Lake City, UT 84120.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 5 years (Required)