Our Skanska USA Building Team is growing in Southern California. We believe that superior preconstruction services is essential to our long term future success. We are seeking an individual to join our Los Angeles based leadership team to run and continue to grow and develop our Preconstruction Services team. If you have experience leading preconstruction teams on large commercial construction projects in Southern California and are looking to join a dynamic, values based culture that is not only building but developing exciting projects in the area, please contact us! We want to meet you!
The primary objective of this position is to manage the process and resources that provide quality pre-construction services to clients, and review the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established owner contract and Skanska’s risk management requirements. This position reports to and receives direction from the Regional Senior VP of Preconstruction and coordinates project assignments with local and regional Preconstruction Directors. Further, the position aligns with and works as a partner to the local office general manager and account managers.
What You'll Do:
We're Looking For:
- Has shown the ability to lead a support group both thru technical knowledge of preconstruction process and thru essential human resource skills including talent development, client satisfaction and risk management.
- Is well respected by his/her co-workers/business partners both internal and external
- Is committed to driving continuous improvement within his/her team.
- Considers each member of the department and insures they receive performance feedback regularly and a thorough annual review including goal setting and development plans.
- Manages the department overhead budget by resource allocation and collaboration with other preconstruction local leaders.
- Drive Skanska’s values by reinforcing them thru his/her own actions.
- Coordinates with regional SVP on National Schedule input, Volume tracker maintenance, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting and benchmarking data input.
- Coordinates with those of the local office GM’s and AM’s.
- Is visible in the community offering to speak on industry panels, participation in community service and active in industry organizations.
- Point person for business development in the creation of the strategies and messaging to develop new business.
- Expert knowledge of Skanska risk management processes
- Recruiting, hiring, promoting and termination manager for local preconstruction support group.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Proficient in company software systems
- Thorough understanding of industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to make decisions regarding financial accuracy of Cost Estimates.
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Keeps project planning team members informed of project and company progress via staff meetings and other communications
- Strong math/analytical skills
- Drives sustainability
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team; Collaborative
- Must be dependable
- Perseveres through challenges
- Results driven
- Able to prioritize workload and assignments
- Sets an example for co-workers by exhibiting Skanska’s Core Values, Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Works diligently to improve our business
- Ability to maintain good work/life balance
- Be inquisitive and always want to know more
- Desire to progress in career
- Builds confident relationships with peers / coworkers
- Develops talent
- Flexible interpersonal skills to work with all levels of management
- Ability to positively interface with account managers and COO’s.
- Must have a good attitude, be approachable, considerate of others
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Must have high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Exhibits Skanska’s values and adheres to company code of ethics
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Preconstruction Planning and/or Operations Project Leadership
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.