We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Program Manager to join our team in Sterling, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
- Manage Agile development activities for one or more projects, oversee large requirements gathering tasks with the client, identified opportunities for follow-on business that bring additional value to the client, i.e. follow-on engagement opportunities include additional services engagements, creating change orders when additional work required outside the original contracted scope of the project.
- Use thought leadership and understand the clients future to design and architect solutions using leading edge technologies.
- Experience with biometrics, RFID, AGILE, Business Blueprints, architectural methods, component-based development, integration of COTS components.
- Reviews project artifacts, solution designs, estimates, sizing, and submitted articles from members of the practice team.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with third party companies and presents technology.
- Has the ability to interface with clients at all levels of their business, to include business operations, financial, technology and management.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 15 years of experience applied to complex computer systems and a bachelor's degree or master's degree in computer science, engineering, or comparable technical degree.
- Has domain system engineering experience in one or more areas including imaging, RFID, license plate technologies, mobility, telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Leading analysis of functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Leading identification of problems and solutions within existing systems design.
- Leading analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT hardware and software systems.
- Understanding of customer needs and the realities of commercially available IT/hardware products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Leading client interaction with senior management.
Provide thought leadership and innovative solution design addressing the client’s unique mission needs.
- Perform full system analysis from technical implementation to business process management.
- Manage multiple solution offerings with long-term vision for system enhancement, consolidation, and integration.
- Provide technical leadership in terms of delivery, release prioritization, and O&M for multiple systems.
- Provide technical input and solution design for proposals and contract modifications.
- Support engineering development projects (e.g., HW, SW, Agile).
- Serve as a primary technical interface with client related to program solutions.
- Provide strategic technical direction to client.
- Support related business development and proposal development activities.
- Must have excellent technical and management skills.
- Must be Clearable (CBP BI Public Trust).
- Agile experience preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master is a plus.
- PMP is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Delivery mindset.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.