Major Functions: Responsible for the total desk operation. Serves as Manager on Duty between overnight hours, keeping the General Manager and Front Desk supervisor informed of any guest concerns or situations that need immediate attention.
* Greets and registers guests and provides room assignments, accommodating special request whenever possible.
* Handles guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
* Has a thorough working knowledge of reservation system and procedures, takes reservations and knows cancellation procedures and policies.
* Resolves gust challenges and takes appropriate action to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. Communicates with next shift associates by logging pertinent information in the appropriate logbook.
* Organizes the shift and reviews and completes the following: remaining reservations that are to arrive, verifies that all updated contingency reports have been run, resolves discrepancies with departments out of balance, verifies GTD no-shows and completes walk report, and ensures credit cards are in balance.
* Assists guest with general services such as making change, and answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel to local areas of interest.
* Ensures property management system is backed up nightly on tape and stored in a secure area.
* Ensures that all wake-up calls are handled promptly and properly.
* Receives and transmits mail, packages, and message for guest.
* Ensures that all departments, rebates, paid outs, phone charges, and other miscellaneous charges are in balance.
* Prepares housekeeping report recording same day check-outs, ready rooms, and rooms temporarily out of order, reporting any discrepancies.
* Processes customer payments according to established procedures and policies, including authorization of all credit cards, and follows proper cash handling procedures.
* Conducts ongoing verification of hotel security with the security guard on duty using the two-way radio system.
* Has a thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control procedures.
* Provides the highest quality of service to guests at all times and practices each item on the WHG pledge car.
* Wears proper uniform and nametag at all times in accordance with the standards of personal appearance guidelines in the WHG handbook.
* Performs all other duties deemed necessary by management.
Job Type: Full-time