Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We're proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
Our logistics/freight specialist will assist in the daily activities associated with inbound and outbound freight. Own and maintain logistics activity reports to investigate and monitor the flow of shipments to ensure that best practices are being followed. Conduct monthly logistics cost analysis including inbound/outbound freight, tariff/custom fee, and warehouse costs.
- Maintain shipment schedules and coordinate with forwarders, customs brokers, warehouses and internal teams for receiving
- Create and present month end logistics cost reporting
- Manage logistics invoicing from 3rd party vendors, communication with AP and resolve any invoice errors
- Ensure timely review and approvals of all RFQs
- Arrange transportation of shipments international and domestic (FCL/LCL/FTL/Small Parcel) through 3rd party carriers that optimize efficiency and service while maintaining cost effectiveness
- Coordinate with customs broker to resolve any shipment issues related to customs and other government agencies holds
- Travel to carrier or warehouses location for meetings/audits as required
- Primarily Pacific Time Zone hours
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience, required
- Communication Skills- Strong communication skills in order to collaborate with different swimlanes, and conduct business with manufacturers and 3PL
- Organizational Skills- Be able to perform several tasks at one time, keep detailed records, and manage several projects in a fast- paced environment
- Problem-solving Skills- Must handle unforeseen issues
- Analytic Skills- Collect and analyze information, problem solve with data and make decisions
- Minimum 3 years of related experience on Supply Chain or Logistics in a consumer products
- Very strong Excel Skills required
- Experience working in an ERP (Netsuite/Coupa)
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
San Francisco, California
U.S. metropolitan areas: Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City Area, Seattle, Washington D.C.
Other locations in the United States
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.