Come see what's cookin' at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we're growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As Associate Shipping Manager, you will support the Shipping Manager in leading local shipping processes for our Texas distribution center, including: planning, communication, and execution. In this role, you will supervise teams, ensuring safe working environment, and motive teams to exceed expectations. To succeed in this role, you'll need to manage teams to execute final mile delivery to ensure customer deliveries are made on time, with available resources.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the shipping team (early morning, overnight, and backroom teams) and yard operations.
- Supervise your team to ensure efficient and safe operations of shipping activities.
- Develop your team by ensuring proper training, day-to-day coaching, and certifications are completed.
- Recommend and implement technology to manage the shipping processes, freight flow, productivity results, and backroom inventory.
- Recruit, select and develop and retain talented team members.
- Manage carrier relationships and planning function to ensure timely deliveries to sorts and customers while ensuring cube utilization; communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance.
- Customer focused—Keep customers in mind at all times; leading teams to deliver on customer needs.
- Team focused—able to inspire, lead, and develop others to achieve work with high standards.
- Driven for Results— Push projects to completion with a sense of urgency. Focus activities with positive customer outcomes in mind.
- A clear communicator—with solid written and oral communications skills. Able to clearly coordinate and provide information to co-workers.
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor's degree preferred; will consider diploma/GED with 4+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years' supervisory experience within distribution/fulfillment operations
- 1+ years in food/beverage/perishables facility
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to continuously move around all areas of the operations, as well as ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours—including nights and weekends.
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced startup environments and or food industry.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.