At MCCH you will work in collaboration with passionate and talented colleagues dedicated to ending homelessness in Montgomery County.
MCCH fosters a supportive and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity. Staff members, advocates, and partners from different races, nations of origins, ethnicities, genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, physical abilities, socio-economic backgrounds, and beliefs work together to find solutions to the complicated issue of homelessness in Montgomery County. We believe that diversity in all dimensions strengthens the innovative thinking essential to achieving our vision of creating a community where everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home.
General Description: Monitors the overall conduct and behavior of the residents in HBCAC, assists in meeting the basic needs of the residents. The hours are overnight, weeekends and on-call. Candidates must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and/or on-call schedules.
Monday-Friday – 12am-8am
Monday – Friday – 8am-4pm
Monday – Friday – 6pm-12am
Overflow Facility – All Days – 8:30pm-7am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent MCCH in the community, in accordance with the agency’s mission and vision.
- Ensures that residents are safe and secure from internal and external elements.
- Ensures that residents have all their basic supplies and needs such as toiletries, laundry detergent, etc.
- Supervises housekeeping chores done by residents to ensure cleanliness and safety of the house.
- Registers new residents into the facility (HBCAC only).
- Provides a “listening” ear for residents.
- Maintain an attitude of respect for residents of the winter shelter.
- Maintains accurate record-keeping through the documentation of all important and relevant incidences and briefs next staff at shift change.
- Monitors the conduct and behavior of residents, reporting any unusual and critical incidents to the Management team.
- Provides emergency intervention in response to hostile situations and crisis.
- Monitors medication of residents (HBCAC only).
- Support winter shelter program operations.
- Provides transportation services for residents in situations where the case manager is unavailable.
- Attends and participates in the monthly staff meeting and mandatory trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum 6 to 12 months related experience. Will consider combination of qualifications equal to educational and work experience.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Strong problem-solving skills in dealing with client disputes as well as medical and behavioral challenges.
- Knowledge and experience in administering CPR and minor first aid.
- Good driving record preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of two shifts per week and arrive promptly for your shift.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Organized, reliable, motivated and able to engage challenging clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $13.01 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)