The Benefits Specialist provides comprehensive support in the day-to-day operations of the Benefits Department. This position provides support for the administration of all associate benefits including medical, dental, pharmacy, FSA, vision life, AD&D, disability, voluntary, wellness, retirement and leave of absences. The Benefits Specialist will provide our associates with excellent customer service on their benefits related matters. This position will interact with internal and external partners. The Benefits Specialist coordinates and supports the processing of associates’ records consistent with benefits plans and organizational guidelines. This position must maintain extreme confidentiality of Protected Health Information and other personal information.
• Administer all associate benefit programs such as medical, dental, pharmacy, FSA, vision, life, AD&D, disability, voluntary, wellness and 401(k), leaves of absence.
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefits processes.
• Process and administer leave of absence requests and disability paperwork. Coordinate with other departments and vendors to ensure disability pay is timely and accurate.
• Coordinate with Workers’ Compensation on leaves.
• Ensure compliance with all benefit plan provisions and government regulations.
• Serve as primary benefits point of contact for field HR team.
• Respond to managers and associates for all benefit related claims and questions. Coordinate with internal and external partners on claim issues.
• Prepare, collect and organize data for analysis.
• Ensures all benefits documentation (SPDs, SBCs, SMMs, Plan Documents, etc.) are current and organized.
• Monitors calendar for timely filings, reports, disbursements.
• Assist with preparation of Form 5500 and plan audits. Coordinate with external vendors to ensure accuracy of supporting data.
• Assist with open enrollment process and mid-year changes.
• Assist with associate communications.
• Serve as primary point of contact for wellness initiatives.
• Ensure accuracy of all benefit enrollments. Conduct periodic audits of associate benefits.
• Ensure all benefit interfaces with payroll and vendors are accurate.
• Back up presenter at monthly new associate orientations to explain associate benefits.
• Partner with external vendors on associate benefits to ensure consistent and accurate administration of benefit packages.
• Administer tuition reimbursement program.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources related field or Business Administration
• Solid understanding of the processes, practices and methods connected to employee benefits and governing laws including ACA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA
• Excellent customer service experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish business relationships with all levels of the organization
• Strong presentation skills are required to present to large groups and maintain multi-level communication flow.
• Critical to maintain high levels of confidentiality with private and crucial information. Must manage sensitive and confidential matters.
• Must have the ability to manage several assignments and tasks concurrently.
• Some travel may be required
• Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
• Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
• Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
• Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.