Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Corporate IT is a critical component of Guidebook’s operations. The IT Support Technician empowers Guidebookers by supporting the technology they need to do what they do best, safely and securely. As the IT Support Technician, you will provide technical support services to company staff, and will be taking over most IT responsibilities for a ~90 person, global Mac-centric organization.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Manage the IT Helpdesk ticket queue, serving as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance. This includes providing desktop and application support in person and remotely over phone, email, and chat.
- Adhere to all IT security policies and assist in enforcing and monitoring IT security policies.
- Provision Mac workstations using imaging software as needed.
- Manage and support an IP-based phone system, and provision IP hard phones and softphones.
- Provide A/V support for video conferencing systems, company meetings, etc.
- Administer our Google G Suite account and various other SaaS tools, such as Slack, join.me, etc.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Own our IT asset procurement process, taking charge of purchasing all employee tech equipment and supplies.
- Manage endpoint configuration technologies, including Mac package management with Munki, Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP), Mac and iOS Mobile Device Management (MDM), and more.
- Tackle several important projects, including an MDM provider migration.
- Begin to take an ownership stake in our process discussions and tooling decisions.
- Gain a deeper understanding of our product and our customers.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Configure IT Security infrastructure (Firewalls, Anti Virus, SIEM, IDS, and others as needed).
- Manage a virtualized Linux-based corporate server infrastructure, provisioning servers, applying patches and installing application upgrades.
- Administer corporate server backup infrastructure.
- Participate in larger scale projects and longer-term infrastructure plans.
- Have begun to work with your manager to develop a career plan tailored to your strengths.
- Minimum of AA Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with Macs is a must, as our users are almost entirely Mac-based. Experience with Linux is also a plus.
- Comfortable with the command line - knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash or Python is a plus.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications and any Apple certifications (ACSP, ACMT, etc) are a huge plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users.
- Hard-working, adaptable, self-starting attitude.
- Solid knowledge of networking technologies, including DNS, DHCP, SSL, Ethernet, TCP/IP, firewalls, etc.
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events