This job posting is for job seekers that are interested in temporary employment Front Office Admitting Worker and/or Biller positions.
UCI Temporary Employment Services (TES) continuously seeks applicants that are interested and available to work in Front Office Admitting Worker roles and Biller positions on temporary assignments at the UC Irvine Campus in Irvine and the UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange. We recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates
DUTIES FOR FRONT OFFICE ADMITTING WORKER ASSIGNMENTS
Interviewing patients for admission to the university hospital; determine eligibility and assign pay rates for patients accepted for care in the hospitals and clinics; making financial arrangements for hospital and clinic patients; maintaining records; and performing other related duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMITTING WORKERS
- One year of general clerical experience or enrollment in medical education school
- Data entry experience
- Experience using MS Office programs
- Experience working in customer service environments
- Desired - Experience working in a medical setting; knowledge of healthcare insurances; billing and collector experience
DUTIES FOR BILLER/COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE
Under supervision, incumbents are assigned continuing responsibility
for the investigation, analysis, and follow-up for the collection of overdue accounts.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVES (BILLERS)
- Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma
- Three years of experience, including one year of experience in collections investigation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- knowledges and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
- This is a temporary employment position reporting UCI's Temporary Employment Services (TES) Department.
- To be a viable candidate for the temporary employment program, you must be able to start employment within 1 to 2 days after temporary employment is offered.
- Interviewing and hiring is based on internal hiring needs and how well the candidate matches the requirements, and a fit to the assignment.
- TES is constantly seeking applicants although there may not be the immediate need to interview or hire.
SALARY $18.54+ per hour (Admitting Workers)
SALARY $20.40 per hour (Collections Representative)
8-5, M-F (schedule may vary)
Please attach your resume.
Employment subject to criminal records background check.
If offered employment, you will be required to clear a health physical exam.
As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
**Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in employment with UCI Temporary Employment Services.