- Communication Skills
- Mechanical Engineering
This position is contingent upon contract award and/or funding.
Technical problem-solving skills; ability to see the big picture; ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement solutions; and ability to partner well with internal and external organizations including the product owner and scrum master. Understanding of the system architectures and how different pieces fit together. Candidate will support Systems Engineering tasks for Launchers & Weapons programs.
Locale: Middle River is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is located 10 minutes from Downtown Baltimore, featuring the famous Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry – the birth place of the Star Spangled Banner. Amtrak and the Maryland Transit Administration’s MARC Train supply both regular and commuter rail service to Baltimore, Washington, DC and surrounding areas. The Middle River facility is less than an hour away from the Lockheed Martin Corporate offices in Bethesda, MD. Baltimore/Middle River is a centralized location on the eastern seaboard and the Lockheed Martin facility is located less than a mile from the Martin State Airport train station allowing for easy commuting to and from many locations on the east coast. Our facility houses an on-site gym, wellness center, and the Lockheed Martin Federal Credit Union. A one to four hour drive takes you to areas such as Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, as well as the Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, DelMarVa beaches, the Jersey shore, and West Virginia. Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital, is less than an hour away and while there a visit to the home of the United States Naval Academy or traveling the Baltimore and Annapolis bike/hiking trail is a must. Washington, DC is also within a 2 hour drive, featuring many of the national museums, monuments, and memorials as well as the renowned National Zoological Park. Due to the variety of topography, the state of Maryland is known as America In Miniature. This includes the beaches on the Eastern Shore to the marshlands to the mountains in Western Maryland. There are many activities to participate in including hiking/biking trails, league sports, white water rafting, fishing, skiing/snowboarding to name a few.
1. Bachelor's level in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Math or related technical experience is required from an accredited University.
2. Ability to obtain security clearance.
3. Must be able to travel
1. Familiarity with system engineering processes, including top-down design, requirements allocation/traceability, and integrated test approach.
2. Familiarity with the systems development life-cycle.
3. Experience in working within an integrated team environment.
4. Possess good communication skills and be able to work with minimal day to day supervision.
5. Be well organized, take direction well, and be a self-starter willing to seek assignments and guidance.
6. Have strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex systems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.