- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the Maritime Support Vessel, including engineering and logistics support, regulatory compliance, safety, and budget. Individual will report to the General Manager, MSV Programs. The Program Manager has budgetary/expense responsibility/approval for the program including ship maintenance, engineering, spare parts, repairs, and logistics costs.
The MSV Program Manager works from MLL’s Norfolk, VA office but will periodically travel to the ship and to meetings with the government and supporting contractors. Specific assignments may change periodically depending on the current needs of the company.
Maersk Line, Limited offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our current and new customers. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, such as health insurance, dental and vision insurance, a 401K savings plan with an employer match, and paid time off. Maersk Line, Limited encourages continuous learning at work, and we offer various development opportunities to our employees.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of MSV and program performance metrics including safety, budget, operating costs, reliability, planning, regulatory and contract compliance.
- Provide oversight for vessel Masters and Chief Engineers to ensure that missions/voyages are efficiently and safely performed in accordance with contract requirements.
- Provide oversight for subordinate Port Captains/Port Coordinators and Port Engineers.
- Oversee the planning and execution of maintenance, repairs, classification surveys, regulatory surveys, certifications and accreditations, and equipment upgrades.
- Coordinate with the crewing department to facilitate crew selections, advancements, rotations, and disciplinary action when required.
- Coordinate with the contracts department to ensure compliance, develop consent requests, and work with the contracting officer to review contract modifications.
- Act as the maintenance/readiness point of contact with the customer/charterer.
- Be an advocate for shipboard safety, the company safety culture and actively support timely attention to any safety issue.
- Responsible for internal MLL coordination of engineering and logistics matters to ensure contract or charter party compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Review the vessel safety committee meeting minutes and oversee timely follow-up of issues identified.
We are looking for
Technical Skills and Competencies Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree must be from an accredited institution).
- 10-15 years experience managing marine operation/technical personnel OR
- 10-15 years experience in ship operations, repair and maintenance OR
- 10-15 years experience with flag state, port state, and class society requirements.
- 10-15 years experience utilizing risk-based critical thinking to focus attention on the most impactful programmatic issues preferred
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally and to support assigned fleet.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Marine Transportation or Business.
- Experience operating U.S. Navy or U.S. Coast Guard aviation capable ships.
- Experience as a Captain or OIC of a naval auxiliary vessel preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a current SECRET clearance as a condition of employment for this position