The Discover Internship Program, a Vault Top Ranked Internship Program, is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects in a sought after work environment and culture. This program provides participants with:
- Interesting project assignments that support Discovers strategic priorities and objectives
- Real time and consistent performance feedback
- A team of resources to assist with ongoing training and coaching on career development
- Exposure to managers with excellence in business acumen and effectiveness in managing and developing personnel
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
- Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
- Internship Programs have a start date of May 20th, 2019 or June 17th, 2019
Discover identifies individuals who inherently possess Discover Values of Doing the Right Thing, Innovation, Simplicity, Collaboration, Volunteerism, Enthusiasm, and Respect. As a values-oriented organization, Discovers goal is to hire the best and brightest interns as full-time employees after graduation.
Additional Program Highlights:
- Group activities, including networking events among interns and other full-time personnel
- Exposure to and presentations to management (by program)
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
Intern responsibilities may include:
- Model design, development, implementation, usage, and/or model governance
- Manage the relationship with related business partners and ensure that modeling projects are delivered in a timely manner
- In-depth modeling audits, including process evaluation of modeling related activities such as data quality, model performance tracking, and model governance policy
- Leverage industry, economic, and market information to perform valuations of capital investment, loss forecasting, treasury function, and other financial model related activities
- Develop and execute analysis using machine learning techniques and methods in areas such as credit risk management, marketing, and fraud prevention
- Evaluate external data/models
- Individuals enrolled in an accredited Bachelors Program who will have completed their senior year by June 2020 in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Must have a graduation date between December 2019 – June 2020
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Desired Skills and/or Attributes
- Experience with Big Data platforms/languages (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.) or machine learning techniques
- Strong problem-solving abilities and intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with and influence employees at all different levels
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and analyze data to surface insights
- Operates as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.