The XY Planning Network (XYPN) is a turnkey financial planning platform on the leading edge of a movement to help financial advisors (typically Gen X and Gen Y) provide financial advice for an affordable monthly fee to Gen X and Gen Y consumers. We provide support to our members to help them succeed in their advisory firms, in the form of technology tools, compliance consulting, practice management advice, business tools and templates, and a community of like-minded advisors.
In 4 years, we have become the largest turnkey financial planning platform in our industry and we want to maintain our current growth rates in excess of 15% per quarter.
This position will be responsible for managing the Advisor Success team. The mission of the team is to help our advisor members run better businesses, be more effective as financial planners, and to help them determine the true goals for the business they are building in the first place. Advisor Success currently pursues these goals by providing education to our members through multiple coaching formats (1 to 1, small group, and network wide), an online course platform called XYPN Academy, and building tools and resources for members to use in their own practices. In this context, the Director of Advisor Success will be responsible for managing all of the Advisor Success team and deliverables, including contributing to and overseeing the process of building online courses (XYPN Academy), managing the XYPN coaching programs, and contributing to and overseeing the process of building tools for XYPN members to use in their practices.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Run better businesses
- Be more effective financial planners
- Determine goals for the businesses they are building
- Manage Advisor Success team, to include:
- Executive Business Coaches
- XYPN Academy Manager - Instructional designer responsible for curriculum
- Manage the buildout of additional business coaching programs
- Build and manage process for expanding XYPN Academy content and courses
- Build tools and templates, checklists and how-to guides, for XYPN members to use in their practice. Will involve utilizing Subject Matter Experts to collect data, and converting into usable processes and workflows for members.
- Help develop a standardized XYPN financial planning process and templated deliverables that members can use and adapt in their own practices
- Manage annual Benchmarking Survey we conduct with our members (using a third-party research firm to execute the survey process and produce the initial benchmarking report)
- Responsible for content at our national conference XYPN Live, regional events that currently include Xcelerate (for our growing firms) and XYPN Residency (for new advisors), monthly CE webinars, and regular content for members delivered via webinar/academy/other
- Manage XYPN scholarship programs including for the CFP exam, FPA Residency, and more
- Help evaluate tools and services that our advisors are requesting to determine if XYPN should formally partner and promote
- Monthly blog post for our XYPN Blog
- Collaborate with our great team: http://www.xyplanningnetwork.com/team/ ( http://www.xyplanningnetwork.com/team/ )
- 5+ years experience in practice management consulting or similar, helping advisors run more successful practices
- A background in personal finance or financial advisor-facing topics is required
- Experience building processes and workflows
- Demonstrated success at converting content/expertise from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) into tools, processes, and workflows
- Experience managing a team consisting of full-time employees and independent contractors (ideally with experience managing virtual team members)
- Must be able to create and manage multiple project timelines, and meet deadlines
- Comfort with adopting technology and teaching others to use it effectively
- Initiative to be a self-starter and self-managed
- Must be flexible, as daily and monthly tasks will quickly evolve in our rapidly growing business
- Desire to support the growth of the next generation of financial planners
- Preference for a flexible working environment in terms hours and execution of tasks
- Confidence to implement new ideas and be held accountable for their results
This position is located in Bozeman, MT and will report directly to Raul Dominguez, COO of XY Planning Network.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation: starting salary - $75K-$90K
- Health benefits package
- 401(k) with match:
- 100% match up to 3% of base salary
- 50% match for the next 3% base salary
- Quarterly bonuses - up to 5% quarterly (up to 20% annually) based on company-wide goals
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- MacBook Pro provided
- Occasional paid staff work retreats for strategic planning and project work (2 to 3 retreats per year, for 2-4 days at a time) plus our National Conference in late September. Attendance at staff retreats and conference are mandatory.
- Phone screen with XYPN Team Member - as resumes are received - typically within a week of receipt
- Initial interview - Hosted via Zoom (online conferencing software) - all complete by June 30th
- Work sample - details will be communicated to candidates who advance to the final round of interviews
- Final onsite interview in Bozeman - July 10, 11, or 12 (schedules will be coordinated with final candidates)