Cypress Creek Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center in Cypress will be opening in July of 2019 and is looking to add a Dietary Director to our team. Join us in in a brand new beautiful state of the art facility. The Dietary Director is responsible for providing dining services which meet dietary standards of practice and federal, state and city regulatory requirements and guidelines. Responsible for carrying out the policies and procedures of the facility to insure the best quality of food is delivered to the residents.
- The Dietary Director must be at least one of the following:
- A qualified dietitian.
- An Associate-in-Arts graduate in Nutrition and Food Management (such as Dietetics, Home Economics or Restaurant Management).
- A graduate of a dietetic or dietetic assistant training program approved by the American Dietetic Association, or the Dietary Manager’s Association, whether conducted by correspondence or in a classroom.
- A person who has completed a State agency approved 90-hour course in food service supervision.
- A person who has training and experience in food service supervision and management in a military service equivalent in content to the programs in subparagraphs (a-d) of this paragraph and has had his training credentials evaluated and approved by the nutrition program specialist of the Texas Department of Human Services Long Term Care Regulatory.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Must be comfortable with computer entry of food order, email and budget control program.
- Must be knowledgeable of current regulatory standards.
- Must have the ability to train, supervise and direct nutrition services personnel in their proper duties and in accepted nutrition services procedures and techniques.
- Ability to take initiative and make independent judgement of routine and special dietary needs in all areas.
- Must meet background check requirements outlined in the Bars to Employment Guidelines from the state of Texas at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
Essential Job Functions:
- Staffing of Nutrition Services Department (interviewing, checking references, hiring, evaluations, discipline and scheduling).
- Provide orientation, direct and train nutrition services personnel to ensure all standards of food handling procedures are properly followed and good sanitation and safety practices are being performed. Must have the ability to communicate to staff verbally and in writing.
- Supervising food preparation (ensuring recipes are followed, proper cooking techniques are used and food preparation is correct).
- Ordering and budget control of food, supplies and supplements. Completing inventory as needed.
- Monitoring tray service (accurate food temperatures, portions and diets) and monitoring equipment maintenance.
- Visiting with new residents and families to obtain food and dining preferences.
- Charting updates, including screening form of new residents.
- Maintaining Diet cards.
- Make daily rounds in assigned areas and evaluate nutrition services assuring proper performance of staff and the maintenance of dietary standards.
- Participate in Care Planning.
- Counsel and evaluate staff regarding their job performance in consultation with the Administrator and Human Resources. Makes recommendations for raises based on employee evaluations.
- Perform work of nutrition services aides and cooks as needed and ability to perform all essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Safely utilize equipment. Report any equipment needing service or repair immediately.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests.
- Use appropriate work place behavior and adhere to dress code at all times.
- Insure that all areas are secure and food is properly stored prior to leaving.
- Process absentee and tardy forms
- Assist with planning and preparing for special functions.
- Must participate in all mandatory in-services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dietary Director: 1 year (Preferred)