Our charming and growing restaurant is looking for an experienced Head Chef to lead our talented kitchen staff. The Chief Cook will be responsible for overseeing pre-opening procedures including menu development, training and team building, and daily operations. The ideal candidate will have five years of experience in a high volume kitchen, with proven ability to lead a culinary team and maintain a high level of quality control.
- Ensure food quality and presentation standards are met.
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen operation, such as inventory, equipment usage, and staffing.
- Balance the budget in a restaurant.
- Oversee the training of new chefs and other staff members.
- Supervise the kitchen staff.
- Ensure that food safety standards are upheld in the kitchen.
- Keep abreast of relevant laws and regulations for health and safety.
- Adhere to legal requirements for food handling and preparation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport, RI 02840: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Culinary experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Cooking: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location