We’re in need of a detail oriented professional for an extraordinary opportunity to assist in a Translational Development Scientist role for a pharmaceutical company.
This position will go to a Research Scientist with proven success at the bench. Possesses a strong understanding of science behind ongoing experiments: the rationale, purpose and appropriate analytical methods. The position holder works virtually independently toward defined objectives conducting several complex experiments, some in parallel, and offering insight into future experiments. The scientist displays initiative in learning new techniques and research approaches and communicates results to supervisors and teams.
Scientist specializing in cell and molecular biology supporting Translational Research by mechanism-of-action studies and defining biomarker strategies. Contributions involve expertise in enzyme and cell-based assays to the application of protein and nucleic acid technologies. Participates in activities such as vector design and generation, transient and stable cell transfection & transduction and cell-based functional assays. Experience with primary cell culture, co-cultures, flow cytometry and inducible gene silencing are a plus. Organisatorial skills, flexibility and coordination between different projects are also required.
The ideal candidate will have basic knowledge of oncogenic/immunological signaling pathways and actively follows the scientific literature. Scientist will use cutting-edge techniques to address questions of drug mechanism of action, differentiation and resistance using primarily in vitro models. Will be responsible for well-defined and controlled experiments being mindful of translational relevance; Responsible for experimental design, troubleshooting and interpretation of results.
1. Assay development to support biomarker strategies for clinical trials
2. Develop in-vitro assays for evaluating mechanisms of drug resistance, drug differentiation and pharmacodynamic marker identification (develop resistant cell lines, make stable and conditional knock-downs and knock-ins, cellular trafficking studies)
3. Study the intracellular signaling networks and feedback mechanisms within pertinent cell types to assess mechanism of action and rationalize drug combination strategy.
4. Basic cellular assays (apoptosis, flow cytometry, proliferation)
5. Interface with bioinformaticians to analyze genomics data for understanding pathways of resistance and differentiation of drugs in development
6. Participate in translational team meetings to present data and provide interpretation
7. Analyze, interpret, and present experimental results.
8. Ensures that the Translational Development Department maintains current awareness in area of expertise, enhances the scientific credibility of contributions to the scientific literature (publications/presentations), through extramural activities and scientifically related interactions with academics
9. Contributes to bringing new technologies in-house
10. Assumes responsibility for writing non-clinical pharmacology study reports, invention disclosures, and contribute to the writing of investigator brochures, IND applications, regulatory annual reports, and other regulatory documents when appropriate.
The position requires an individual with:
A MS or BS degree in a field of cell biology, biochemistry or molecular biology with 5-7 years hands-on research experience. Experience in drug discovery, oncogenic and immune cell signal transduction and translational medicine is a plus.
Manager is willing to consider PhD candidates.
Excellent communication skills to effectively convey scientific concepts and data with internal working groups/project teams and external academic and industrial organizations.
Team player, excellent written and verbal communication skills
The incumbent must have planning skills for scheduling experimental studies to meet project team deadlines. The position requires problem solving ability and skills in resolving technical questions in a multi-disciplinary environment. The incumbent must keep abreast of current techniques within the field and the various scientific areas affecting disease areas.
The position is responsible for planning and executing research plans in the defined area of investigation. This position has responsibility for the quality, quantity, timeliness, and scientific acceptability of translational development activities that support early drug development.
Ivory Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Contract