Chantilly,Virginia,United States 8AANND
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior HVAC Technician to support our facility in Chantilly, VA. The technician will have advanced knowledge that demonstrates increased skill level in the HVAC field.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM) on HVAC equipment, perform diagnostic and troubleshooting skills on multiple types of HVAC equipment.
- Utilizes HVAC codes, regulations and safety procedures. to include rough-in and lay out, perform preventive maintenance on equipment, and troubleshoot more complex problems.
- Uses blueprints or design specifications to install or repair HVAC systems.
- Connects systems to fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components.
- Installs electrical wiring and controls and test for proper operation.
- Inspects and maintain customers’ HVAC systems.
- Tests individual components to determine necessary repairs.
- Repairs or replace worn or defective parts.
- Reads more complex blueprints and is familiar with building codes.
- Responds to trouble calls and resolves problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service concepts (i.e., courteous, punctual, honest, etc).
- Assists other trades as needed.
- Lifting and carrying up to 35lbs, climbing ladders, walking on a grid platform and on rooftops. Frequent climbing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, walking and continuous standing.
- Under minimal supervision uses hand and power tools to construct, renovate, maintain and repair facilities and equipment.
- May receive specialized equipment training as required to maintain facilities.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 7 years HVAC experience
- Capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 35lbs on a frequent basis
- Capable of working flexible schedule/overtime on occasion as needed
- Basic computer experience to include Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- A current valid driver’s license
- Current active CFC license
- Working knowledge of customer
- Advanced level of computer proficiency
1st shift hours are 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday.
High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time Training and Professional Svcs Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company