- Full-time, exempt, 12 month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
Range of Steps 1 – 4, $5,292/mo. - $6,126/mo. Initial salary placement, Step 1.:
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
:Open until filled.
- Two years supervisory experience in a child development setting.
- BA in Child Development Education or related field, as deemed by the agency.
- Four years professional teaching experience in a child development program.
- A California Drivers License, daily use of automobile and automobile liability insurance.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly) and Pediatric First Aid (yearly) which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
- Knowledge of the High Scope curriculum model.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- Maintain current knowledge in child development theory and practice, including program Curriculum (High Scope curriculum)*
- Assess training needs of teaching staff, plan and present individual or group workshops.*.
- Model appropriate teaching strategies. *
- Supervisor and evaluate staff as assigned. *
- Participate in development of the annual program plan assessments, and program reviews. *
- Promote full enrollment and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Coordinate with other components for the most effective and unified delivery of all Program services.*
- Maintain current knowledge of licensing from funding source(s) and licensing.*
- Establish and maintain appropriate staffing to ensure compliance with program requirements (including substituting as needed).*
- Conduct and document required site visits.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members. *
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.*
- Represent the division and the agency in the community and with other agencies.
- Communicate program needs to Division Director.*
- Assist Division Director as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.*
- Denotes essential job functions.
- Works under direction of the Division Director.
: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW: