LOWER SHORE CLINIC (LSC) PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
_*Please direct all questions to our lscareers email address._*
- Personal stability, flexibility, energy and commitment to working with people recovering from severe mental illness.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification; driver's license and safe driving record; reliable transportation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with professional and non-professional colleagues effectively and to provide clinical supervision to mental health professionals in a teamwork environment.
- Formal training as a nurse practitioner with license(PMHNP) and insurability in the state of Maryland.
- Appreciation of psychosocial rehabilitation concepts and experience with the public mental health population including crisis intervention, best practices in symptom management, and current medications.
- Ability to meet credentialing and privileging requirements as set out in Policy and Procedures.
1 Take part in all agency sponsored training programs required by supervisor.
- Provide nurse practitioner services as scheduled to assigned caseload including assessment and prescription of medications.
- Participate as required in team meetings to develop treatment plans and strategies for specific clients.
- Provide training to staff as requested on general and specific treatment topics.
- Collaborate in providing services to persons in acute mental health crisis to expedite their return to less restrictive environments through assessment, evaluation, and treatment planning within regulated time lines.
- Assist in the recruitment, choice, and development of staff as requested by Clinic Director; review planning, documentation, and therapy for staff under clinical supervision.
- Share responsibility with Clinic Director and other senior staff for the cost-effective operation of the clinic; make suggestions as needed; provide all necessary data for billing.
- Enhance agency on-call response capability by being available to main on-call system for medications and clinical issues; no pager time required.
- Ensure that the program and physical environment are safe for all clients, staff, and visitors and in accord with applicable agency policies or administrative regulations.
- Ensure that clinic report writing and documentation is timely, accurate, and reflects a high professional standard.
- Carry out duties at sites assigned and, by agreement, for other agencies by contract to LSC.
- Using the electronic medical records, input data and following through seeing services to their completion.
- Issues of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice, and professional standards, including boundaries.
- Maintain total confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA law, CARF accreditation standards and Maryland State Regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinic Director.
AUTHORITY: Position reports to the Clinic Director who will approve working schedule and provide evaluation.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Regular, full or part time, flexible schedule position; exempt from overtime; salary by letter of appointment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $50.00 to $70.00 /hour