This Principal Business Analyst will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical support in exploring new or enhanced business opportunities. This position will serve a prominent thought leadership role by conducting deep level analysis around operational procedures activities, solutioning options, risks and implementation of business strategies/opportunities in order to develop new or refine business functionality and deliver to the marketplace. This position will partner closely with client-facing team including Business Development, Product Managers, Operations and various levels of management.
Responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and industry requirements. Provides technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Responsible for analysis and design of business systems. Typical steps include diagnosis of need and the development of a related requirement specification, system development planning, creation and implementation of a test plan, ongoing project oversight during the development phase and comparison of the solution delivered with the original specifications.
- Acts as an intermediary between IT and internal clients. Applies specialized professional knowledge and techniques gained through advanced study to develop solutions, as appropriate, to analytical, commercial, operational, process or technological problems.
- Leads projects or inter-departmental teams (mentoring to more junior roles).
- Enhances, optimizes, and automates existing processes and ongoing business processes.
- Support the introduction of new or enhanced business ideas/concepts. Ensure scope, deliverables and objectives are clearly defined and that milestones and timelines are established and met in order to meet business objective.
- Provide thought leadership on the development, integration and implementation approach for new business idea/concepts.
- Prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and
performs industry knowledge to build insights into what product offerings DFS may want to bring to market
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience working with the business in software development
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Discover Payment Services applications and Products (example: Hydra, Xpress, DDX, Disputes, Acquirer / Retained Merchant Clearing Settlement systems, MFD, DCX)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, facilitation and process mapping skills
- Ability to build strong business relationships with business partners and cross functional teams. #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
24-Hour Nurse Hotline & Telehealth Services
7 Paid Holidays
Annual Flu Shots
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Work Environment
Group Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
Healthy Eating Program
Legal Assistance Plan
Onsite Emotional Health Counselors
Onsite Fitness Centers
Onsite Weight Watchers at Work
Paid Parental Leave
Professional and Leadership Development Programs
Service Anniversary Awards
Annual health Evaluation and Health Coaching
Critical Illness Insurance
Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Life and Accident Insurance
Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Onsite Health Services Center with Nurse Practitioner
401(k) Savings Plan with Fixed and Matching Contributions
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
“Financial Wellness for You” Learning Programs