Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting the 100+ billion dollar recruiting industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. Help us achieve our goals while working at a stable, profitable, 1+ billion dollar company.
Glassdoor's B2B Marketing team is looking for a WordPress contractor to make improvements to Glassdoor's B2B Marketing ( https://www.glassdoor.com/employers/ ) and Economic Research ( https://www.glassdoor.com/research/ ) websites. You will work on the B2B Marketing team and collaborate on technical efforts related to the design and development of these sites, written in WordPress. The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Build and ship high-quality, mobile-friendly features and functionality for Glassdoor's B2B Marketing and Econ websites (WordPress)
- Translate business requirements into technical stories, and assist with the planning, specification, and wireframe process
- Work closely with our talented product, marketing, and design teams to ensure that solutions are implemented within scoped timeframes
This is a hands-on role. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role, you will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Most importantly, we look for people that can prioritize, multi-task, roll-up-their sleeves, and deliver quality products – because it's a lot more fun to get things done.
This is a contract/temporary position.
The B2B marketing team works on the Glassdoor B2B Marketing website (glassdoor.com/employers), the cornerstone of Glassdoor's employer experience. The website enables prospects and customers to engage with Glassdoor products, consume content, and view their performance. Members of the teamwork cross-functionally with B2B product managers and engineers to ensure the website supports greater company initiatives while providing a best-in-class user experience for our customers. The small team has a large impact on Glassdoor's revenue and success.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of working with WordPress: building sites with high traffic volume from scratch and developing templates, themes, and plugins
- In-depth understanding of WordPress underpinnings, data models, and development best practices
- A proven track record of delivering world-class, responsive, mobile-friendly websites in collaborative environments
- Experience working on challenging, full-stack technical efforts
- Experience securing WordPress instances, and a strong security mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills with a good eye for detail and quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into website functionality
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- Prior experience as a contractor
- Experience with Git, Gulp, Node, Webpack, and React are a plus
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.