The Loyola Notre Dame Library (LNDL) seeks an energetic, service-oriented person to join our Technology Services unit. The successful candidate is a creative problem solver with excellent customer service skills who enable the growth and success of the Library’s digitization efforts, actively participates in Technology Services initiatives, and trains student workers.
- Works with both digital born objects and physical materials to produce high quality digital objects in a variety of formats under the supervision of the Technology Librarian.
- Facilitates access to digitized content using appropriate software according to national and international standards and best practices.
- Maintains current awareness, familiarity, and skill with technology, software, and systems used in providing access to digital resources like e-reserves, digitized archival materials and streaming video.
- Supports faculty digital scholarship initiatives in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff, and vendors as needed in a timely manner to provide access to digital resources.
- Trains and supervises the work of Technology Services student assistant(s) in collaboration with other unit staff.
- Assists the Technology Librarian in recommending, formulating, and implementing policies and workflows to continuously improve services for Library users. Maintains up-to-date documentation of workflows.
- Supports Makerspace and Information Commons technology.
- Provide assistance to the Digital Technology / Web Supervisor in the area of disability support.
- Assists in the collection and recording of Technology Services statistics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and capacity to prioritize and carry out tasks in a fast paced environment in a timely manner with minimal direction
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers, Microsoft Office applications, the Web, and other productivity software
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and move and unpack boxes with or without accommodation
- Experience digitizing resources in an academic library, museum, or archive
- Familiarity with systems like Moodle, Preservica, Ensemble Video, and ContentDM or other digital asset management systems
- Familiarity with web authoring tools like Drupal, WordPress, or others.
- Familiarity with copyright and intellectual property issues
About the Library :
The Loyola Notre Dame Library, located in northern Baltimore City, is a member of the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions and serves Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. The library serves as an integral part of the campuses by providing information services and resources to support the academic programs and educational concerns of the two institutions. Loyola University Maryland, a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, is recognized for excellence in teaching and learning. Notre Dame of Maryland University is a leader in the education of women and non-traditional students. The Library serves a student population of 6,160 FTE.
The Library offers an excellent benefit package that includes medical, access to dental, life, disability insurance, and TIAA‐CREF retirement. Librarians also receive support for professional development. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre‐employment background check.
The Loyola Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit via email a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “ Technology Resources Assistant ” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator. Only complete applications that include the three listed materials will be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time