This Position Will Appeal to You, If You…
· Enjoy working in a "sales" type role in a team environment
· Have a desire for excellence, enjoy learning, and strive to meet goals
· Have a true passion for helping others and enjoy interacting with people
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no day is ever the same
· If you are motivated to work in a challenging environment, where your results will be recognized and rewarded, you should consider a career with Middleburg. We are looking for the best in the industry, those that genuinely wish to excel in their career.
· Come join a team where you have unlimited growth potential and career advancement. We offer great compensation, an excellent benefits package, and training to reach your full potential!
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the Property Manager is responsible for excellent customer service in the daily management and coordination of all aspects of apartment community operations; maximization of cash flow while preserving assets; achievement of budgeted NOI; providing a quality living environment for residents; establishing a positive working environment for property team members; and leading by example. The Property Manager duties vary depending on the size of the community from performing many functions personally to delegating and following up on most of the daily functions. The Property Manager lives and promotes our Mission and Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for achievement of net income, revenue growth, rent collection, and property financial performance compared to the annual operating budget.
2. Responsible for timely rent collection, minimizing delinquencies, banking activities with daily deposits, preparation of collection documents, personally contacting residents to collect overdue rent, collecting late charges, and make court appearances when necessary.
3. Responsible for all OneSite input & report functions; accuracy and timely preparation of leasing activities, A/R cash receipts, statement of disposition, A/P invoices, monthly closing procedures, late fees, and renewals.
4. Develop cost saving strategies to reduce budgeted expenses including utilities, pool, landscaping, flooring, window coverings, turnover items, maintenance supplies, office supplies, payroll, resident activities and marketing programs.
5. Development of an annual operating budget and business plan.
6. Monitor all revenue transactions, check endorsements, no cash policy and daily deposit procedures.
7. Accurate and timely preparation of statement of security deposit, rent payment deposits, payroll documents, accounts payable and Profit & Loss Variance.
8. Reduce Bad Debt Loss by ensuring daily deposits, contacting residents to collect unpaid rent, collecting late charges, processing unlawful detainees & file evictions, preparation of collection documents, court appearances.
9. Analyze income and expenses, traffic, 30-60-90-120 lease expirations, market rents, delinquency financial statements, and make recommendations as needed.
10. Recommend and monitor all capital improvements, deferred maintenance and upgrade programs. Monitor and direct service operations to ensure turnover and make readies preventative maintenance tasks are completed and on schedule.
11. Review and analyze all bid summaries for purchase of goods and services per the contract process. Ensure that all contracted services and materials are accounted for and that the work has been performed properly prior to the release of payment.
12. Daily review of collections and delinquencies. Process delinquencies according to policy.
13. Serve as property representative in court proceedings, understanding all property legal issues affecting residency, storage, abandonment, bankruptcy, fair housing and unlawful detainer/eviction actions.
14. Monitor and direct service operations to ensure vacant apartments are in market ready condition with a less than 3-5-day downtime for preparation of market ready apartments to be defined turn for upgrade units and ensure it would pass the “white glove” test.
15. Daily inspection of the property and market ready units for curb appeal, safety and over-all condition.
16. Monitor and direct service operations to ensure service requests are completed within defined timeframe, and curb appeal standards are met.
17. Available for emergencies, on-call duties, resident functions, and weekends.
18. Recruit and select team members by understanding and adhering to the selection process policies and procedures.
19. Train, coach, and mentor team members; ensure team members receive the necessary training to adhere to company policies and procedures.
20. Provide ongoing feedback to team members. Evaluate team members through scheduled formal written performance reviews and informal monthly reviews. Take corrective action as necessary according to company policy.
21. Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: College Degree (BA or BS) or equivalent years of service. At least 2-3 years property management experience. Knowledge of budgets and financial statements as well as the ability to work within budget guidelines. Proficient computer skills including Word and Excel. Sales, customer service, and marketing experience. Working knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing mandates and other legal issues affecting property management. Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: ARM, CPM, CAM, CAPS or other applicable industry designation preferred. OneSite/RealPage experience or computerized accounting experience.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS USED:
Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of personal computers, Internet applications, and accounting and property management software, printers, telephones, fax machine, photocopier.
This position primarily performs office work. Requires the use of computers and telephones. Requires walking and climbing steps for property tours and kneeling and bending for access to files. Occasionally requires lifting 20 pounds or less. May require driving of golf carts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $72,000.00 /year