Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national security? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer-focused engineering solution.
As a software configuration management (CM) specialist on our team, you have the chance to shape the future of the Army. Your customer will trust you to protect the integrity of a project’s delivered products from code to technical documentation. On our team, you’ll be able to broaden your skillset. You will leverage modern configuration, application, and life cycle management tools and processes to maintain version control for software code, packages, libraries, containers, virtual machines, releases, and documents. You will also analyze the project’s configuration management plan, facilitate configuration control boards, and support the establishment of a configuration management library for both active systems and for systems going into sustainment. You will analyze the planning and production of a configuration control and management process that will assist with implementing and sustaining procedures for controlling modifications to baseline hardware, firmware, software, and documentation to ensure the protection of the network infrastructure against improper modifications before, during, and after implementation. Join our team at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and create the future of the warfighter.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with writing CM plans
- 2+ years of experience as a CM manager supporting IT programs
- Experience with providing planning and production support for the following CM functions: CM life cycle management and planning, configuration identification, configuration control, configuration verification and audit, and data management
- Experience with auditing software change procedures to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures
- Experience with participating in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline for each system
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with supporting a program of record
- Experience in working with signal processing and sensors on aerial platforms preferred
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- TS/SCI clearance preferred
- BA or BS degree in CS, EE or a related technical or engineering field preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.