Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Construction Field Superintendent opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the
Savannah River Site.
Duration – 1 year with an option to extend for 1 additional year
Clearance required – No
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 08/07/2020
Construction Field Superintendent
The Construction Field Superintendent is responsible for oversight of approximately 25 to 50 Craft personnel and their field construction activities within a given geographic area. Construction work can include fabrication, installation, modification and maintenance of systems and components up to and including new project or facility installations.
Inspects / verifies materials, equipment, and construction workmanship and assures compliance with drawings, specifications and code requirements.
Position requires a fundamental understanding of Construction installation principles, and ability to apply these principles to field conditions including radiologically controlled areas. Fundamental understanding of 1Y Work Control Manual requirements and experience in the execution of detailed construction work plans.
Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obtain safety training, obey safety rules, and make safety an integral part of each task.
Take the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition.
Construction Specific Responsibilities
- Assists the General superintendent in directing the actual (physical) construction of multiple capital projects to their overall successful completion.
- Supervises approximately 25 – 50 craft personnel in the completion of field construction activities.
- Resolves quality control and quality assurance issues and recommends corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates with design / construction engineering for scheduling of design outputs and provides design with necessary input to resolve design changes and improve constructability.
- Promotes increased productivity and safe work practices with the intent of maximizing use of resources and eliminating injuries.
- Fosters a "team concept" when interfacing with operations, DOE, other departments and divisions and attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings, provide reports, status on projects and identify, address and resolve problems.
- Reviews and approves job plans, permits, material requisitions for capital expenditures, schedules/schedule changes and miscellaneous other documents ensuring accuracy, practicality, economics, and impact on other projects.
- Identifies and acts on engineering and material restraints to critical jobs through meetings, discussions, reports and verifies that proper tools are in place to clear restraints.
Design output constructability reviews
- Review design output and vendor documents
- Field walk down with construction engineers
- Verify design constructability including procedure and code compliance
- Verify field conditions vs. Design output
- Verify material availability
- Submit constructability comments
- Track comments to resolution
Work Execution Field Coverage & Support
- Lead pre-job briefings with craft workers
- Perform task ready walk down with craft
- Verify quantities of installed commodities
- Coordinate daily field support
- Expedite / validate needed material as required
- Coordinate and status shop fabrication in support of field execution
- Perform field inspections
- Identify and coordinate resolution of field installation issues
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with 6+ years construction experience of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a management/supervisory role OR;
- Associate's degree in a technical field with 9+ years construction experience of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a management/supervisory role OR;
- High school diploma/GED and 12+ years combination of secondary education and/or practical construction experience of which a minimum of 2 years has been in a management/supervisory role.
- General knowledge of construction safety, planning, the ability to evaluate technical design data, develop and determine construction techniques and strategies.
- Manage a multi-disciplined staff in a proactive, value added manner.
- Working knowledge of national codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations.
Additional Position Requirements:
- A 40-hour workweek is scheduled. SRR construction utilizes a 10 hour per day - four days per week schedule.
- A standard work week is Monday through Thursday 6:30am - 5:00pm. However, alternate schedules could be employed.
- Workweek excludes SRR holidays.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license
- Personal vehicles operated by candidate must have valid registration
- Personal vehicles operated by candidate must be insured with proof of insurance within the vehicle
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Up to $34.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)