This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies). Employees of an entity managed by UNC Health are external candidates and will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. if selected for the role.
THIS POSITION IS 8 HOURS A WEEK, EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.
The intake specialist assists in the patient registration process by scheduling appointments, entering patient information and providing excellent customer service.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures and verifies key ADT information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
- Schedules all new and follow-up patient appointments as required. Attempt to reschedule cancellations whenever possible. Communicates cancellations to provider as necessary.
- Completes and documents all governmental, regulatory, financial, and contractual forms in accordance to procedure. Ensures document is scanned/saved to correct location and is legible.
- Utilizes price estimation tool, when applicable, as part of the registration process to provide the most accurate estimate to patients
- Meets departmental target for up front collections to include deposits, estimated amounts due, co-pays, and/or prior balances.
- Answers telephones, directs calls, takes and delivers messages
- Ensures customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations.
- Influences co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers. Demonstrates willingness to change to ensure continuous improvement.
- Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections. Utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
- Effectively precepts new co-workers as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED. Two (2) years of customer service and/or clerical experience required.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
8000-77415-Patient Access UNCH ED