Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) is seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Subcontract Specialistlevel 4. This position will be based in Herndon Virginia with occasional travel as required to meet Business Unit needs.
Join a diverse workforce engaged in supporting large and challenging national defense programs that secure our nation and its allies. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to act as an advisor and subject matter expert for subcontracting actions on a wide range of fairly complex contractual and business issues to include management of all subcontract types.
The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of government contracting regulations and be prepared to perform with moderate supervision as part of a subcontracts team on large domestic and international proposal efforts that may require developing solutions to fairly complex problems.
Responsibilities will encompass the full range of the subcontract acquisition process including:
- Participation in strategic sourcing decisions
- International subcontracting
- Teaming agreement generation and execution
- Preparing requests for proposals consistent with customer solicitations, federal statutes and regulations and enterprise policies and procedures
- Evaluating proposal submissions
- Identifying risk and mitigation strategies
- Developing negotiation plans and negotiating
- Preparing subcontract files in compliance with Northrop Grumman values, policies, procedures, and practices
BS/BA degree with a minimum of 10 years of progressive subcontracts/procurement experience -OR- Masters with a minimum 8 years of equivalent experience. May consider an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
Understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and regulations is essential
The ability to collaborate with program management and other multi-functional teams. Must be able to work well in team environments as well as display strong interpersonal skills
Must have a general knowledge of FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting regulations
Candidate must have strong organizational skills, and interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and make decisions in a timely manner
Ability to work with minimal supervision, be capable of working in a fast paced environment and apply sound judgment to problem solving
US Citizenship required
- MBA and/or CPCM desirable.
- Experience with international subcontracting and SAP Procurement & Accounting System is highly desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.