Location: Anchorage, AK
Reports Functionally To: CEO
Beacon is a turn-key solution for companies' Medical, Safety and Training needs. Understanding the demands on businesses today, Beacon's goal is to assist in providing employees a safer, healthier environment.
Beacon was founded on three basic core values:
- "Rock Star" Customer Service
- Operational Excellence
- Have Fun!
These core values resonate with our team and are embodied in the delivery of all of our services. When it comes to Medical, Safety and Training program management, development, and implementation, Beacon is a proven single source provider operating throughout Alaska, as well as sites in various locations in the continental US.
Our services include remote medical, occupational health, drug and alcohol testing, safety professional staffing/consulting.
The Sales and Marketing function has primarily been internal with support from various service line managers. Growth throughout the years has been organic through our high retention of clients and position in the marketplace.
The main products and services that are sold within this arm of the company are:
- Industrial Clinics with Physician-Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics, EMT-IIIs
- Near Site Clinics
- Safety Professional Staffing / Consulting
- Occupational Health and Drug and Alcohol Testing for employers
- Training Services (safety, medical, industrial)
- Increase the sales of Services, and drive new business
- Identify opportunities within the existing client book of business, enlisting the guidance of Subject Matter Expert when necessary
- Increase exposure within the diverse industries in Alaska and look for new market opportunities
- Understand customer needs, requirements and market trends; identify buying influencers and develop contacts at the highest appropriate levels.
- Strong technical writing experience for RFP proposals
- Grow and manage a pipeline of opportunities
- Ensure professional representation of Beacon at client and industry specific functions.
- Collaborate as required with owner company (International SOS) colleagues on client cross border opportunities.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Self-starter who can who can work autonomously and within a team to deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills with uncompromising integrity.
- Strategic thinker with strong planning and organization skills who has the experience to develop solutions by adopting a consultative sales approach.
- Experienced at engaging various levels within a client hierarchy.
- Proven closer. Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to motivate and influence clients to commit to buy and the drive to close sales.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously, including activity planning.
- Ability to research and successfully gather all the required/relevant information relating to a client and/or individual/contact to support each stage of the sales process.
Required Work Experience
- 5-7 years’ sales experience within professional services sector.
- Day to day Account Management with emphasis on closing business and exceeding personal quotas through up/cross-selling.
- “Trusted advisor” approach to Account Management.
- Proven track record of positioning a premium service to client decision makers.
- Experience engaging multiple client stakeholders as a part of sales planning.
- Educated to University level (Bachelor’s degree) in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Sales within industrial/oil and gas/mining verticals advantageous.
Travel / Rotation Requirements:
- Travel within Alaska / US required as needed.
Offer contingent upon ability to pass a pre-employment drug testing (federal panel), physical exam, background check, and motor vehicle report.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Business development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person