Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Global Assurance Internal Audit Manager provides operational and administrative support to the Senior Director of Global Assurance, manages integrated internal audits, conducts projects to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, operational, and technological internal controls. The internal audit manager plans audit assignments in accordance with accepted professional and department standards, prepares reports for management regarding audit results and solutions to mitigate risk and improve operations, and provides guidance to team members.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Manage internal audits of CME corporate functions including: finance, tax, compliance, HR, and strategy.
- Ensure that each audit is effectively planned, coordinated and reported upon. This includes designing audits to assure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, verifying compliance with corporate policies and procedures and identifying opportunities to enhance operating efficiencies and/or reduce costs. This also includes directing and reviewing work to ensure Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and departmental standards are met.
- Report audit observations to management and ensure management develops acceptable solutions to mitigate risks.
- Plan follow-up work to ensure adequate remediation of gaps by management.
- Provide input and assist in developing a risk-based audit plan for CME finance, tax, compliance, HR, and strategy.
- Develop Global Assurance best practices/standards and audit plans.
- Assist in hiring, acclimation and training of other Global Assurance team members.
- Develop a customer base and establish positive rapport with Global Assurance's internal and external customers.
- Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, education and direction to the Global Assurance staff. Ensure that the staff maintains an acceptable level of productivity and quality. This includes effectively utilizing establishing clear and relevant performance as well as professional development expectations. Additionally, conduct mid-year check-ins and year-end assessments as prescribed by CME Group Human Resources.
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Accounting, Business, Information Systems and/ or Computer Science. MBA or MS degree desirable, but not required.
- 7+ years in internal auditing conducting financial, operational and information technology audits. Prior experience in conducting meetings and preparing and delivering presentations to line, middle and senior management.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA or CISSP preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including MS PowerPoint and Visio. Data Analysis tools (ACL, Business Objects, MS Access) and TeamMate or similar electronic work paper tools desirable but not required.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
The most advanced trading technology;
Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.