1. High school graduate or G.E.D. required.
2. One year experience in a mental health care setting preferred (preferably as a Mental Health Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant)
3. One year experience with passenger transportation preferred.
4. Appropriate education in a mental health related field might be substituted for experience.
5. Chauffeur’s license.
1. Support and implement the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Beacon Behavioral Health.
2. Uphold and embody Beacon’s 5 Commandments for Exceptional Customer Service.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Demonstrates teamwork by carrying out routine and assigned tasks within the Beacon Hospital program.
2. Assists in provision of maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu by monitoring compliance with program rules, providing assistance with security and supportive man-power by assisting in control of patients who exhibit unacceptable behavior.
3. Transports clients to and from the facility and their place of residence.
4. Maintains a current chauffeur’s license.
5. Maintains the company vehicle in good working condition by scheduling routine maintenance, as well as keeping the vehicle clean and free from clutter and trash.
6. Documents vehicle maintenance on daily and monthly checklists.
7. Develops appropriate rapport with clients in order to gain trust and facilitate communication between driver and client.
8. Develops appropriate rapport with client’s caregivers in order to obtain pertinent information on client’s status.
9. Recognizes importance of communications that take place between driver, client, and caregivers and the need to relay that information back to treatment team to benefit the client and to optimize treatment.
10. Ability to tolerate high-stress and high volume work.
11. Ability to perform duties with multiple distractions and maintain patience, logic, and quick decision making abilities.
12. Displays flexibility and adaptability when last-minute changes occur in schedule and make transition smoothly.
13. Performs job with efficiency necessary to complete assignments within established time constraints.
14. Uses appropriate customer relations when communicating with clients, families, caregivers, referral sources, and the community in general, professionally representing Beacon Hospital.
15. Offers and accepts constructive feedback and responds appropriately to direction.
16. Is punctual in all aspects of work and adheres to attendance policy.
17. Must have dexterity and strength to physically assist and/or restrain clients when necessary.
18. Ability to satisfy requirements for Healthcare Provider CPR and Crisis Prevention certification.
19. Ability to satisfy requirements for crisis prevention and intervention training.
20. Ability to satisfy requirements for specialized training as it pertains to driver/client safety including, but not limited to Wet Weather Driving, Effects of Speed, Roll Over Tendencies, Importance of Tire Condition, Wheelchair Securement, and Passenger Restraint Systems.
21. Ability to communicate effectively.
22. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.