- High School Diploma or GED
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Emergency Trauma Department Clerical Associate I greets all patients and attending physicians in the ETD utilizing the principles of the quality standards under the supervision of the ETD Clinical Manager (or designee), registers all patients accurately, conducts insurance verification, maintains the ETD tracking system, and assists in maintaining appropriate telephone communications within the ETD inclusive of the switchboard.
***This is a part-time, weekend shift position.
1. Performs all activities associate with patient processing including, but not limited to: providing all registration materials to patient/family member; verifying all patient information during registration; maintaining contact with managed care providers to avoid denial of payment.
2. Types/data entry in Medical Center's Information System.
3. Maintains and updates the Tracking System within the ETD to assure accurate location of patients.
4. Keeps the Triage Census Board up to date as assigned.
5. Notifies police departments and/or ambulance corps of bypass or diverts as directed by the ETD Clinical Manager (or designee).
6. Follows written protocols for notification of helicopter landings.
7. Responds immediately to Code 4168 code blue and Code 68 and makes appropriate notifications.
8. Inputs physician orders accurately into the computer system or makes out manual requisition slips for diagnostic studies.
9. Monitors charts to ensure presence and/or accuracy of physician and nurse signatures, items to be charged, discharge times, etc.
10. Determines what clerical supplies are needed and replenishes those supplies in all areas of the ETD.
11. Orders patient care supplies at the request of the ETD Clinical Director (or designee) taking care to adhere to inventory lists, current inventory available, and avoiding overstocking or under stocking.
12. Reconciles the previous day's charts and follows established procedures for daily batching to medical records.
13. Audits charts to assure accuracy of billing.
14. Retrieves records from HIM, PAS, Children's House, or off site storage when necessary.
15. Maintains daily on call physician schedule for telephone triage.
16. Participates in orientation of new clerical staff as assigned.
17. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
18. Adheres to the standard set forth in the Medical Center Organizational Competencies.
Qualifications:Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of 1 year experience in record keeping.