Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities.
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Order Selector will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders daily in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assembles order onto plastic pallets using a Talkman and pallet jack.
- Prepares and loads voice template into Talkman unit for specific warehouse selecting location
- Performs visual and operational vehicle safety inspections and reports any unsafe vehicles to shift supervisor or maintenance personnel
- Responsible for ensuring that all cases and pallets are properly identified with the correct store number
- Performs count/exception on pick slot locations if quantities are less than requested by Talkman
- Secures selected cases and conducts final pallet preparations by wrapping selected load and applying shipping labels
- Prepares and places assembled case pick pallets and moves assembled pallets from picking areas to a dock door or staging area
- Observes, reports and corrects (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents
- Comply with OSHA standards
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
- Ability to work in a 32 degree to 40 degree F environment (temperature varies within each department) for long periods of time
- Ability to work any shift including weekends
- Ability to handle empty pallets weighing up to 60 pounds
- Ability to read and perform basic math functions
Please apply and take the assessment: https://associatecareers-americold.icims.com/jobs/6251/warehouse-order-selector/job?mode=view
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.78 /hour
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more