Administrative Analyst/Specialist ¿ Exempt I
$3,897/month - $6,846/month
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Under general supervision, but collaborates with the Employer Engagement Team, the Employer Engagement Specialist will deliver quality internship and career opportunities and connections for SJSU students. The Specialist will research and source prospective employers and opportunities that fit with SJSU student interests and abilities. The Specialist will engage employers to build strategic relationships, produce employment opportunities, connection events, and program funding. The Specialist will assess employer needs and direct employers into appropriate on-campus recruiting and educational programming. The Employer Engagement Specialist will drive the implementation of career experience and outcomes surveys to assess impact of outreach efforts on student career success. The Specialist will ensure employer compliance with EEO/ADA/AFF mandates, Center internship and employment guidelines, and relevant University and CSU regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute planned outreach strategy, practices and goals to initiate strategic relationships (starting with SpartaJobs registration) with target employers and channels.
- Consult with target employers to learn their talent needs and acquisition plans, including details such as the potential number and type of positions and preferred acquisition strategies. Share this knowledge with the larger Career Center team to assist in student preparation.
- Consult with target employers to support the development, posting in SpartaJobs, and promotion of career and internship opportunities for SJSU students. Encourage employer engagement in on-campus recruiting and student career preparation programming.
- Serve as a point of contact for general employer inquiries on customized recruiting strategies, engagement in department services/programs and rapid resolution of questions or issues.
- As defined in the department strategic plans, actively generate funds to cover employer event expenses and enable student career prep programming through employer sponsorship.
- Maintain a CRM database of target employers and channels to track and report progress on outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with department team members to plan and implement targeted employer-connection events and activities, such as niche on-campus job fairs, networking events and employer educational presentations. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of these events and activities.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
License & Certificates
A valid driver's license is required for this position. Out of state candidates selected for the position must obtain a State of California driver's license within 10 days of hire in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles regulations.
Once hired the employee must successfully complete the Defensive Driver Training Program provided by the State of California for California State University campuses.
- Bachelor¿s Degree in marketing, hospitality, human resources, or a related subject.
- Two years of experience in human resources or career development involving marketing/sales, recruitment, college relations, or talent development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the standards and practices of early career recruiting.
- Knowledge of early career employment trends.
- Ability to develop a marketing plan based on research and market segment identification, and including targeted outreach strategies.
- Ability to rapidly learn the objectives and culture of the Career Center, the Center¿s Employer Engagement Team and the strengths and skills of SJSU students that are relevant to employer outreach and marketing.
- Knowledge of promotion/marketing techniques, including strong public relations skills.
- Survey development, execution, validation, analysis and basic statistical reporting.
- Basic skills in project management, including establishing basic project charters, milestones, schedules and team responsibilities.
- Ability to interpret and apply project requirements; gather and analyze data; reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to design presentations for a diversity of constituencies, from students to all levels of employers and types of organizations.
- Knowledge of software applications including the MS Office suite.
- Skilled in use of social networking resources such as LinkedIn and internet job search sites.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment and handle multiple work priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to local travel and occasional early or late work hours.
September 5, 2018
Application Screening begins September 21, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes:
criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046