Electrician “A” - Baltic, CT (Shift to be determined)
A national supplier of flexible package printing, using lithography, flexography, rotogravure and converting, has an opportunity for an experienced Electrician “A”.
Experience in the electrical/instrumentation field whose duties include but are not limited to removal, repair and installation of electrical components and intermediate troubleshooting. Experience with motor and motor controls, VFD’s, Servo, process controls, and programmable controllers (PLCs), is preferred. Must be able to read and understand electrical instruction manuals, schematics, relating to trouble shooting of production equipment. Candidate must be capable of analyzing and solving machine and building system electrical problems. Experience in the printing industry a plus. Employee will work under minimal supervision.
Must be qualified to work on electrical systems up to 480 volts. Must be familiar with DC systems as well as AC systems. Electrical license (Journeyman at minimum) preferred. Familiar with and adhere to Arc Flash Safety. Familiar with electronic circuits.
Starting hourly rate of $28.13 - $28.81. Overtime and weekend work is required at certain times.
- Completion of an approved certified electronics, electrical and/or instrumentation program or minimum of two (2) years’ experience or a combination of education and experience in industrial electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance.
- Basic experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and connected equipment
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures
- Must have minimum personal tools as described by the department tool list or be able to obtain them within 90 days of hire date
Preferred Qualifications (e)
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working with low and medium voltages
- Experience with AC and DC controls
- Experience with diagnostic electrical test equipment
- Experience with instrumentation devices
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have the highest regard for our employees safety. We have all the safety features in place to include temperature monitoring upon entry to facility, masks required, safe distancing and sanitizing stations throughout plant.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Electrical Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Electrical License (Preferred)
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical systems in accordance with National Electric Code
- Run tests on electrical components to ensure a safe and effective installation
- Inspect electrical systems and equipment for any damage, malfunctions, and safety hazards
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location