Part-Time under 30 hours
Position Summary: The sales associate is responsible for generating fun, excitement and humor while providing sales and service to guests and customers with works within the philosophy that making money can be fun as well as a challenge.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
A. Sales and Customer Service
- Entice customers/guests into the store and to buy products
- Show customers/guests all available products.
- Help customers/guests select products to purchase.
- Collect payments for purchases, following company procedures for checks and credit card authorizations.
- Work effectively with more than one customer at a time.
- Resolve customer problems with tact and diplomacy.
- Assist customers/guests with refunds and/or exchanges using tact and diplomacy and following company procedures.
- Take picture using proper techniques and methods.
- Process picture correctly.
- Process pictures with heat pressing (certain stores only.
- Maintain attractive, clean store and personal appearance.
- Work with other employees as a team.
- Open and close register as assigned.
- Follow proper record keeping and cash handling procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
D. Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Education: Prefer a high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: some sales experience helpful
Special skills: outgoing, friendly personality, strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; conflict resolution skills; willing to learn; money-handling skills; able to provide own transportation to fulfill requirements of the job; able to work weekends as necessary, honesty and integrity, ability to work as a team with co-workers.
Other requirements: Able to work flexible hours as needed, successfully passing a background check.
Environmental Demands: Work is performed in small, confined space. Indoor stores are in temperature-controlled environments that are frequently noisy. Outdoor stores are subject to extremes of heat, sunlight, cold, humidity and noise.
Physical Requirements This job requires standing and walking for long periods of time, frequently walking up and down steps, reaching, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, carrying a camera attached to a neck strap around the neck weighing approx. two (2) pounds or on a wrist strap, lifting boxes of supplies up to 25 pounds with assistance, manual dexterity; hearing and speaking understandably and ability to project voice over a crowd.
Mental Requirements: This job requires a positive enthusiastic approach with the ability to entice guests to get their picture taken, good judgment, ability to work under stress, ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, reading, performing simple math functions, hearing and speaking understandably. It also requires the ability to cooperate and work as a team with co-workers.
Equipment/Machinery Used: The nature of this work generally requires use of a computer keyboard, camera, tripod, cash register, printers, fax machine, calculator, telephone, credit card machine, cleaning supplies, small hand tools, heat press, television monitor, vacuum cleaner.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour