40 hours per week, day shift
Job Summary: The IS Trainer - EPIC works with the Manager Training - EPIC and application coordinators to develop the training programs for their application. They help create, design, develop, implement, and manage training programs for the functional use of EPIC EMR software systems. The IS Trainer - EPIC helps develop and deliver training programs to staff and physicians.
Education / Experience: Bachelors Degree plus 3 years experience in an IT Technical or professional training role; Or equivalent education and experience. Adult Education experience required.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Prior Epic certification a plus.
Generic Job Description
1. Master both the Epic application assigned and associated organization specific workflows
2. Develop and implement the training program for their respective application(s).
3. Build, test, and maintain the training environment.
4. Create and maintain all training materials. Meet with end users to assess training requirements, develop course content that addresses end user requirements.
5. Train and credential additional classroom trainers from within the organization to assist with end-user training.
6. Maintain policy and procedure documentation
7. Coordinate training for software releases and updates
8. Provide training for new staff. Create lesson plans and outlines for courses.
9. Maintain a strong expertise of systems and software for which training is provided.
10. Assist applications development staff with quality assurance efforts, convey suggestions for modifications/improvements based on user feedback, assist applications staff with troubleshooting problems identified by users, assist with testing when appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Achievement of Epic Certification on assigned application(s) will be required upon hire