The McHenry County Department of Finance in County Administration has an opening for an experienced Senior Accountant. The person in this role will analyze accounting records, enter and review entries, auditing completed entries through inquiries and ensures compliance with reporting certain document in a government setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
- Monthly reconciliation of the Trial Balance of each of the County Board approved Funds accounted for in the County’s Financial System.
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting including the development and maintenance of electronic dashboard reporting.
- Maintain understanding of changes required by GASB and or GAAP in regards to the financial reporting of the County, and be able to verbally explain the effects of these changes at a level required to ensure understanding by any audience present.
- Tracking of and updating fixed assets ledger.
- Responsible for ensuring Year-End processing of the Financial System is completed properly.
- Responsible for all Annual Year End Reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Financial System and how each module of the system communicates with each other in order to support all departments in utilizing the full functionality of the system to obtain the results and information needed.
- Support person to Departments on questions regarding the Accounting Functionality of the County.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Three (3) years of experience in a government organization (Required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Certified Public Accountant (Required)
- Basic Math; subtotal and foot amounts for journal entries
- Routine Math; Accruals, CAFR, interim reviews
- Routine Statistics; Yearly accruals, CAFR statistics and quarterly reports
- Federal Law
- County Board Policies, Ordinances, and Resolutions
- GASB Statements
- Internal Revenue Service
- Generally accepted Accounting Principles
- Preparing letters and writing procedures.
- Creating reports/schedules.
- Creating and formatting reports.
- Create presentations.
- Record, report and retrieve financial data.
- Microsoft Office with respect to Word, Excel, Publishing, Power Point and Outlook
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines to eliminate any possibility of late report filings that result in penalties to the County.
- GASB Compliance: Ability to communicate with outside Auditors and other government bodies to gain better insight to meet the requirement.
McHenry County offers an excellent benefits package which includes the following:
**Interested candidates should attach a resume' with your online application.**
The deadline to apply for this position is July 23, 2018
McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, Veteran or disability
- High Deductible Health Plan and Dental Insurance,
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vision insurance and Accident insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
- Deferred Compensation Plan through Nationwide Retirement Solutions (457)
- 457(b) Roth through Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- Paid Vacation, Personal, Sick leave and Holidays