The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Facilities leadership team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours - as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in King of Prussia, PA has an immediate opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Manager to join our mission. In this leadership role, you will provide daily oversite and technical support for maintenance resources across the Valley Forge Campus. This is an excellent opportunity to mentor, and shape, a wide range of skilled technician into a world-class team! Our team is comprised of carpenters, electricians, HVAC technicians, utility plant operators, and more who are focused on delivering value in many ways. We perform corrective, proactive and preventative maintenance on many assets, such as Air handlers, pumps, cranes, boilers, chillers, and other critical components that will require your leadership to enable the team to perform with excellence!
Summary of key duties for this position:
- Provide daily direction for all maintenance activities (proactive, reactive, preventative, corrective, etc.) using CMMS systems to delegate work orders, provide metrics, and manage expectations
- Respond to maintenance emergencies (leaks, weather-based issues, utility services, power issues, etc) 24/7/365, and take necessary actions to ensure business operations are restored
- Document, prepare, and deliver performance-based (LM Commit) information to all maintenance technicians
- Prepare Scope of Work (SOW) for maintenance projects (including support functions), and provide metrics on budgetary spend for maintenance expenditures, per building
- Responsible for training and compliance for all maintenance technicians (learning plans and specialized training)
- Perform requested support, via IWTA (inter work transfer agreement), on identified tasks
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- 6-10 years of experience within the maintenance field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with supervision of employees
- Advanced experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) work order systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. government security clearance
- Bachelors degree
- First-hand working knowledge of chilled water systems, steam systems, and power distribution systems
- Knowledge of building automation and control systems
- Building code and electrical code knowledge
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.