As an Analyst for Business Planning in Google Express, you will own the business planning model and lead related discussions and processes for Google Express. Working with cross-functional teams, you will establish long- and short-term business performance targets, build analytical models for the feasibility and implications of these targets, and enable cross-functional teams to achieve these targets. With exposure to leadership, you will play a key role in helping Express achieve its strategic goals while delivering excellent customer experience and minimizing cost.
Users come first at Google. Nowhere is this more important than on our Advertising & Commerce team: we believe that ads and commercial information can be highly useful to our users if, and only if, that information is relevant to what our users wish to find or do. Advertisers worldwide use Google Ads to promote their products; publishers use AdSense to serve relevant ads on their website; and business around the world use our products (like Google Shopping, and Google Wallet) to support their online businesses and bring users into their offline stores. We build and maintain the platforms that have made Google what it is today, and are constantly innovating to deliver the most effective advertising and commerce opportunities of tomorrow.
- Own Express’ business planning model: design, build and maintain Express’ business planning model based on key business drivers, stakeholder inputs and sound analytics principles; run supporting analyses to understand the feasibility of business plans and their implications on Express’ financials, partnerships, operations, and product; leverage various modeling techniques, such as scenario modeling, market research, historical trend analysis, customer segmentation, etc.
- Drive cross-functional agreements over business plans: lead cross-functional discussions on business planning and target setting; establish the right process and cadence for the review and revision of these targets; drive cross-functional stakeholder agreement; help leadership team prepare for budgeting and business outlook discussions.
- Work with cross-functional leaders on project performance and course correct as needed: work with cross-functional business teams (e.g., marketing, growth, product, operations, engineering) to establish measurable and achievable weekly metric targets that aggregate to Express’ overall target; develop a deep understanding over each business functions’ tactical plans and their effect of metric measurements; build strong working relationships with cross-functional leaders; provide tracking and analysis on metric performance against targets; lead constructive discussions over course correction actions, and escalate to executive team as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in an analytical or business management role, e.g., business planning, sales and operations planning (S&OP), Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), management consulting or business analytics.
- Experience in independently building and maintaining business models (e.g., forecasting model, financial planning model, and etc.). Experience in spreadsheet software and SQL.
- Experience in managing cross-functional stakeholder relationships.
- Master's or Doctorate's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and structuring skills.
- Ability to adapt communication style to different audiences. Ability to drive alignment across teams with conflicting interests. Strong executive presence.
- Ability to self-start and to self-direct work in an unstructured and fast-paced environment. Comfort dealing with ambiguity. Ability and desire to work in a fast-turnaround environment (e.g., analysis turnaround within a day).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.