$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS; Technician Incentive Plan Eligible
Tests, services, and repairs tractors and related mechanical components.
Shift Details: Wed-Sat 6:00am-4:30pm
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems. May require assistance from Tech III.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections as outlined in USX guidelines.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90 day lease operator inspections.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Drive trucks in and out of shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most SRT times.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance (pm’s) as outlined in USX pm guidelines.
- Change vehicle tires.
- Grease mechanical parts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor experience required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to read and write.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time supporting full body weight
- Ability to walk 1000 feet minimum and change positions frequently
- Ability to frequently move shoulders with full range of motion in all six planes of movement
- Ability to reach heights over 72” frequently; ability to crouch to height of 18” frequently
- Ability to reach and stretch across the midline with full cervical range of motion and bilateral range of motion
- Ability to use hand tools constantly for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop to 30” minimum and kneel to 18” minimum
- Ability to frequently climb 51’ with one 24” step and pull full body weight.
- Ability to frequently climb stairs 24” without a hand hold rail.
- Ability to pull self up ladder with 4x17”steps with upper body pull.
- Ability to constantly go in/out of truck on 51” and one 24” step pulling full body weight.
- Ability to frequently go up and down ramp.
- Ability to occasionally push 250 lbs, pull 125 lbs, frequently push/pull 100/50 lbs and constantly push/pull 50/25 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally carry, lift overhead, high, low and medium lift 51/75 lbs, frequently 50/21 lbs and constantly 20/1 lbs.
*Must be able to perform all physical requirements with reasonable accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Diesel Mechanic: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)