Manages distribution of container fleet with value of $180M across Intermodal terminals to meet commercial forecasts and customer demand. Leads team to proactively respond to customer demand signals and coordinate rail movement of assets with internal team. Primary manager of domestic chassis contract providing 16K chassis supporting equipment program ($38M per year). Manages coordination of Blume Global contract to ensure reservation system meets terminal and commercial requirements ($3-5M per year). Extensive communication with partner rail roads, Sales and Marketing and terminal operators to ensure balanced supply chain operations. Provides rotating weekend coverage for container/chassis management.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Assess daily current container inventory and develop plans for addressing any shortfalls by coordinating with railcar managers, manages inventory dynamics via online reservation system.
- Participate in Regional Operations calls with terminal operators and support with actions required to balance inventory. Coordinate door to door availability with designated manager within Truck Operations.
- Coordinate and communicate equipment issues to and with Terminal Operators and any questions/requirements with stakeholders from Commercial Team (Domestic Sales Account Managers, Marketing, Yield Management), Customer Service, partner Rail Roads or External Customers.
- Compose daily/weekly/monthly reports supporting supply chain inventory and distribution requirements.
- Process Improvement projects supporting Continuous Process Improvement team on layout and flow and Maintenance team to reduce cost and increase equipment availability.
- Primary program manager for Blume Global functionality and handling issues from from terminals and commercial team.
Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's Degree/4-year Degree
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in Supply Chain, Field Managing Equipment and/or Inventory or a related field
- Graduate Degree
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience in Supply Chain or Inventory Management field
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of CSX Intermodal Terminals and train plans
- Knowledge of Domestic equipment types and pool users
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Distribution strategies and methods
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work with internal / external stakeholders
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Ability to use mainframe, PC and web based inventory management systems to retrieve data, analyze and report and correct inventory levels
- Ability to use REZ-1 and RAMS web based reservations systems
The CSX Leadership Model is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following: producing results, creating change, and inspiring excellence.
- Hours which include rotating on-call responsibilities which may be outside standard hours
- May be required to complete a background check
- Wear protective equipment (such as welding shields, hard hat, hearing protection)
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)