_Learn more and apply to score at our website:
**English and Composition**
Earn PDP’s! Network with fellow educators! Make a difference!
_What is it?_
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson develops customized teacher certification testing programs and other assessment programs in higher education.
We are currently seeking part-time educators to evaluate teacher certification essays in English and Composition.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, and
- Hold a current Massachusetts professional teaching certificate in English/Language Arts, or
- Have teaching experience of English/Composition courses at the college level
Once you have applied, the decision to participate in any scoring session is completely up to you: we invite you to a session, and you let us know whether you are available.
Both active and retired teachers can be eligible to score, provided they hold a current Massachusetts teaching license.
_What are the benefits?_
All scorers are
- Compensated for their time
- Eligible for Professional Development Points
- Able to accept or decline invitations to each scoring session as their availability allows
Scorers travelling long-distance are
- Provided with hotel accommodations
- Reimbursed for travel expenses
_Why should I consider scoring?_
Scoring offers the opportunity to network with other professionals and stay abreast of the latest developments in your field. Scorers have a direct impact on the quality of the next generation of teachers and help to maintain professional standards. Scorers enjoy the change of pace, the mental challenge and the opportunity to give back to their educational field.
- Please do not apply through the "Apply Now" link, instead visit the website below to complete an application for this specific job.\
** Project/Temporary Workforce
** Assessments School
** Day Job
** Apr 22, 2019
** Jun 30, 2019
** Part-time Temporary
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.