New Business Development Manager – Start Up Brand
Job Title: New Business Development Manager
Location: Headquarters in Darien, CT
Norseland, Inc., owned by TINE SA, is a leading marketer of specialty food brands in the United States. Norseland’s personnel totals 220 full time employees in various departments of production, distribution, marketing, accounting and sales. Regional sales offices are located in Montreal, Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, New Jersey and Pennsylvania with the corporate office in Darien, Connecticut. TINE SA is Norway's largest producer, distributor and exporter of dairy products and is owned by about 10,000 farmers: their agricultural traditions, knowledge, and passion is the foundation of our business. The Norseland family - farmers, employees, and partners - continue to build a food ecosystem that spans continents and generations.
Good food is the basis for many of life’s good moments. So for us, it’s essential that our food is ethically produced with award-winning animal welfare standards, traditional recipes and healthy, clean ingredients.
We don’t just live life: we contribute to the Good Life.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us launch a disruptor brand in an emerging category. This is a senior role reporting to the General Manager of Marketing with direct and regular communication with the brand owner based in the Netherlands. The Business Development Manager will develop strategies and execute them accordingly, across the United States. Regularly evaluate current business performance and maximize business reach and potential.
The ideal candidate will have category management experience working with start-up/emerging brands, comprehensive knowledge of Nielsen or IRI data and a thorough understanding of refrigerated supply chain. In this role, you will be responsible for developing strategies, analyzing scan data, preparing brand for retail launch and developing relationships with our customers, manufacturers, and vendors. We will rely on you to partner with appropriate teams to conduct market research and develop a strategic business development plan. Travel throughout the United States is required. Travel to Europe will be infrequent but, required at times.
- Build route to market strategy
- Develop brand positioning against current competition
- Develop growth strategies and execute plans
- Build annual promotional plan and calendar
- Develop and execute ongoing marketing plans and strategies
- Create and maintain successful relationships with retail and distribution partners
- Collaborate with overseas executives on business strategy to determine objectives
- Identify potential customers in the target market and complete appropriate research on the business needs
- Develop relationships with potential customers, while maintaining existing Norseland relationships
- Create distribution winning proposals
- Collaborate with outside agencies to ensure contracted work is completed and on time
- Have an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Conduct monthly progress reports for US based and European management teams
- Working knowledge of analytic tools such as Nielsen data to develop insights to influence product marketing mix attributes
- Develop training programs and materials that facilitate the selling process with focus on solving problems for buyers and consumers
- Ability to educate/train the sales team on the value of the new product and its capabilities
- Build new item business cases, prepare and develop all necessary information for financial review and consideration
- Participate in weekly progress calls with brand owner in the Netherlands
- Participate and interact in bi-weekly department meetings while providing project updates
- Manage the new item set up process while working interdepartmentally with appropriate contacts
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- Follow industry trends locally and internationally
- Report on successes and areas needing improvements
Qualifications: 4+ years of experience working in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Brand Management. Category Management experience, preferred. Experience in FMCG/CPG Industry, preferably Dairy or similar. Strong knowledge of US retailer landscape.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Sales Management, or related field
Professional Skills: The ability to work independently and part of a team. Demonstrate adaptability in a fast paced, changing environment. Ability to interpret and extrapolate data into marketing plans that improve market share.
Role Specific Competencies: Proven professional experience with exceptional references. Strong organizational and time management skills a must. Proven experience as a Category Manager, Marketing Manager or similar role. Exquisite communication and people skills. Basic core math and analytical skills are required. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Must be proficient in data analytics; Nielsen or IRI data is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 per hour
- Sales: 4 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19