We are Jackson Hewitt, Working Hard for the Hardest Working.
In a world where the hardest working Americans are strapped for both time and money, Jackson Hewitt is on a mission to be their advocate. For many clients, the tax return is the most important financial event of the year, and the biggest paycheck many will receive. We want to help them get their maximum refund, faster, and with fewer associated fees.
Join a team that is focused on being friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable advocates for our clients. Deliver financial tools that benefit the client while achieving the maximum tax refund, faster, and with fewer associated fees.
Jackson Hewitt offers training (certification by state) related to income tax preparation and the delivery of excellent customer service, flexible hours (part-time and full-time) and bonus potential. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
- Presents the Company’s value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques.
- Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company’s propriety tax software application.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considers the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer.
- Answering client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
- Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional client service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Hands-on marketing with surrounding businesses, including office visits to promote brand awareness and new clientele
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Experience preferably in sales, service and tax preparation
- PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) required
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills
- Basic knowledge of computer functions and math required.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment
- Field Instructor, Remote Support and Call Center certified
- 1+ years of experience preferably in sales, service and or tax preparation
- Remote Support or Call Center ready certified
- Enrolled Agent (EA) certification
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tax Preparation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: