Do you have 3-5 years of experience managing projects in the residential A/V home automation industry or a related field (residential construction, commercial signage, shades, exhibition design, event design, tradeshow design)? Do you love technology? Are you looking for a place to grow your career in the exciting home automation industry?
Osbee Industries, Inc. is a smart home integration company serving highly affluent residential clients in the New York/Westchester area. We continue to grow and are looking for smart, curious, versatile problem solvers to join our team.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be involved in multiple jobs every step of the way, from initial client meetings to the final walk-through. We work with some of the most elite architecture and interior design firms in the country. Every project we take on is custom-designed and engineered specifically for the needs of each client, so you will always be learning new things and be looked to for creative solutions -- you will never be bored.
The experience and skills that make you the perfect person for the job:
- Experience or interest in residential or commercial smart home integration, A/V, and/or electronic control systems
- At least 3 years hands-on PM skills in managing multiple projects from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills and flawless English writing, grammar, and speaking abilities
- Highly organized with a natural and exceptional ability to work with many different teams and solve problems in a collaborative way
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Visio and AutoCAD proficiency a plus.
- Knowledge of low-voltage, lighting, and/or control systems (such as Crestron or Savant) a major plus
What you'll do on the job:
- Meet with clients, including architects, interior designers, builders, owner's representatives, and homeowners on a regular basis at all phases of the project
- Manage project workflow and schedules on multiple jobs at various stages of completion
- Work closely with our engineering/estimating, billing, and customer service teams to prepare estimates for proposals, and purchase orders, change orders/billing for approved projects
- Coordinate with our technicians, installers, IT, inventory, and support staff to ensure deadlines are being planned for and met
- Review AutoCAD blueprints, plans, and notes from architects, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Develop low-voltage plans, RCPs, shade pocket plans, home theater elevations, etc. using Visio or AutoCAD with assistance from our AutoCAD artist
- Work closely with Osbee technicians/Installers as well as multiple contractors and sub-contractors to answer questions and solve problems as they arise
- Make regular site visits to our clients in New York City, Westchester NY, Fairfield CT, and occasionally other locations
- Attend webinars, Osbee seminars, and industry trainings to stay on the cutting edge of what we do
Other details about this position:
- PM experience specifically in the A/V Home Integration industry is desired but not necessary - we will teach you what you need to know
- This is NOT an IT or Web PM job. You must have some experience in the home automation industry or other related sectors, such as construction, signage, display, or exhibition.
- You must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- A US driver's license with a clean driving record is required
- You must be able to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
Osbee is the leading residential home integrator on the East Coast. Established 20 years ago, we pride ourselves on having a team of professionals that is the best in the industry. We’re a Platinum Elite Crestron dealer, have won numerous awards, and we get to play with all the coolest new toys before anyone else.
Osbee provides competitive benefits, including health insurance, optional dental and optical, a 401(k) with matching after one year, 9 paid holidays, and 16 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year. We provide support for seminars, certification trainings, and other educational opportunities you’d like to pursue in order to stay at the top of your game and move it forward. And if you apply soon enough you may just make it in time to attend our annual Lakeside Jet-ski and BBQ Party.
This is a full-time position at our headquarters/showroom in Harrison, New York, easily accessible by car via 95 and the Hutchinson Parkway, and within walking distance from Metro North's Harrison station.
IMPORTANT -- HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your resume
- Please provide a cover letter or Indeed message with your resume to tell us what interests you in working with Osbee and why you are the perfect candidate to join our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Home Automation project management: 3 years (Preferred)