1. Ensures that the organizational system of the media center is maintained by correctly and independently returning materials (both book and non-book) to the correct location and in proper shelf order.
2. Assists teachers and students in researching, selecting, and locating appropriate print and non-print media for use in lessons and assignments. Assists with developing and printing out bibliographic lists as needed.
3. Supports teachers and students in the proper use of online databases and other digital resources.
4. Promotes the proper operation, handling, and care of library media center equipment.
5. Assists in training and supervising student or parent volunteers in the daily operation of the library media center.
6. Works with small groups of students to discuss and/or reinforce instructional outcomes and library media skills.
7. Assists in maintaining and updating online bibliographic records. Locates and corrects errors in the PAC under the direction of the library media specialist.
8. Assists in conducting automated collection inventory and in generating related statistical reports.
9. Assists in preparation of forms, notices, letters and other correspondence.
10. Manages the circulation desk.
11. Runs and maintains statistical reports on usage.
12. Acts as a key team member in arranging and designing the library media center displays/learning centers and related use of space.
13. Assists in facilitating reading incentive programs.
14. Works with the media specialist to maintain the physical appearance of the media center as a clean, orderly, and attractive environment.
15. Runs, prepares and distributes overdue notices routinely and maintains related obligation lists/records.
16. Participates in workshops and in-service training when appropriate.
17. Performs circulation activities (receiving and processing new materials, check-in, check-out, and shelving materials).
18. Performs other related library media duties as assigned.