Primary Purpose: Responsible for implementation and coordination of services to individuals who are receiving Tailored Day services offered by Home of Guiding Hands. Directly supervises the Tailored Day workers.
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Agency.
2. Is knowledgeable of client rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all clients in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Confidentiality of all data, including client, employee and operations data.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows-up, as appropriate, with supervisor, co-workers or clients regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with clients, family members, guests, and government representatives.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, dress codes, including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Use computer software for documentation and communication.
Equipment/machines used in the performance of this job:
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of Tailored Day services.
- Reviews and revises the program design, department policies and procedures, and service-delivery system of the program as needed.
- Responsible for the training, monitoring, supervision, coaching, and evaluation of the Tailored Day workers.
- Monitors and ensures the delivery of services in accordance with the ID Team.
- Participates as an ID team member when necessary.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate ID team members and/or family members regarding the ongoing status of each client.
- Acts as a problem-solver and utilizes customer service skills to insure that the highest quality services are being provided.
- Completes pre-admission paperwork and requirements for new service recipients.
- Promotes and markets Tailored Day services.
- Serves on relevant committees/associations in the field.
- Assists with the fiscal management of the program.
- Prepares Annual Review of Program Effectiveness report.
- Supports and/or attends HGH fundraising and community awareness events.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employees must maintain the skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Telephone/Fax machine
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to life files, open cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Must be able to physically work in the administrative office but be available to work at various locations when necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services. Master’s preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a customer service attitude and approach required.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, neighbors, volunteers, vendors and the general public.
- Good working knowledge of computer functions and software applications. Must be able to perform multiple tasks with accuracy and able to prioritize deadlines without close supervision.
- Possess high degree of patience and the ability to tolerate frustrating situations.
- Knowledge of HIPPA Guidelines and Patient Privacy required.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification is mandatory.
- Able to multi-task and manage work time efficiently.
- Able to see, talk, hear, walk, bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach.
- Able to lawfully and safely drive an agency vehicle in all traffic situations and weather conditions.
Five years experience preferred, with a minimum of three years working with people with developmental disabilities required. Two years supervisory and management experience required. Experience working with people with mental health challenges preferred.
Other Conditions of Employment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test within 24 hours of a job offer.
- Must pass a pre-employment health screening/TB Test; and annually thereafter
- Have a criminal records clearance from DHS and/or DSS (Live Scan fingerprinting).
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, proof of safe driving record (current DMV report required), and have 24 months of licensed driving experience.
- Available for night and weekend work during major events.
- Must complete all other required new hire training including CPR/First Aid.
- Must maintain confidentiality of client Protected Health Information (PHI) used for treatment, payment, health care, etc. and personal information of clients.
- Access to restricted PHI (Protected Health Information) limited to clients under direct care only.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid sick and vacation accrual on every hour worked
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Paid Training: Pro-Act, CPR & First Aid, monthly in-services
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- 24 Hour Fitness Membership Discount
- Discounted movie tickets, cell phone plans, amusement parks tickets, etc.
** Benefits may vary
** Drug-free employer; including marijuana.