The main objective of this role is to provide weekend support which includes light document processing, document printing and organization and attending to the Reception phone line.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- Day to day administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the office and a high quality of service to fee earners in the office. Photocopying, printing, preparing letters, notes, documents etc. in a timely fashion.
- Typing, editing, and word processing letters, faxes, notes, documents etc.
- Dealing with all mail as required and retrieving all background papers. Sending out correspondence with correct attachments or enclosures.
- Answering calls promptly in the prescribed Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer manner. Full message taking, actioning and follow-up. Minor queries to be answered or clients referred to other lawyers where appropriate. Responding to messages where appropriate.
- Organize documents and create small hard copy bundles, or correspond with vendor regarding larger requests.
- Coordinate delivery of hard copy files to appropriate fee earner or client.
- Associates degree/Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of administrative support
- Proficiency in all aspects of Word Processing, including firm styles; demonstrating a high level of competence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be a motivated, self –starter as much of the weekend work will take place with limited supervision
- Typing speeds of 50 to 60 words per minute.
- Ability to create a friendly and professional rapport with attorneys, staff and external parties
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks as business needs change
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and respectful attitude including a willingness to assist with all tasks requested by attorneys
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality due to the visibility and exposure to legal matters and information
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability or veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The Firm's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, the Firm maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, Vietnam-era veterans and special disabled veterans. EOE M/F/V/D