- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10+ years relevant work experience in product management, and artificial intelligence or deep learning.
- Proven success in delivering complex technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience delivering products that incorporate advanced analytical techniques, data-driven decision processes and applied statistical methods
- Experience in leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
Are you interested in the intersection of the Cloud, the Internet of Things (IoT), and Machine Learning? It's not a myth that all great things do come together. Do you want to take on a leadership position in a market that is exploding? Amazon IoT is looking for a principal product manager to continue bringing capabilities such as machine learning and deep learning to the edge using AWS Greengrass. This will enable customers in a broad set of segments bring highly sophisticated machine learning capabilities to small, devices that are intermittently connected to AWS cloud services.
Machine Learning inference at the edge is at the cutting edge of enabling industries that previously did not have the expertise or capabilities to now provide deep learning. Industries such as precision agriculture, smart manufacturing, home security, and several other areas are fundamentally transformed with IoT and deep learning.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans that make it easy to develop, deploy, and manage ML models , ranging from small to large scale, on edge devices.
- Drive broad adoption and provide an unparalleled customer experience. This leader should be experienced with a range of approaches, including: feature development, pricing changes, a range of marketing channels (i.e. public relations, developer evangelism, promotions, etc.), customer surveys and profiling, sample application, code samples, and technical documentation.
- Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right Product Manager will lead by example, being just as passionate about security and operational performance as they are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the AWS business growing extremely rapidly, this leader will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated solid judgment and effective communication skills. Ability to see the big picture, while navigating technology and partner development decisions and tradeoffs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, IoT, complex event analysis, advanced analytics etc.
- Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar settin
- MBA or Master's degree in Technology (Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
- Knowledge of consumer related metrics, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition and retention and go to market strategies for technology product and services
- Having managed business models, customer and market segmentation, marketing plans, sales support/field marketing, and pricing for Internet services or enterprise software products
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation